Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By mathsss Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:17 pm
mathsss wrote:Shift+play should change the tempo to the default tempo of the clip on the currently selected track

Or, in the tempo dialogue you can nominate a track to be the tempo master.

Or assign a tempo to each launch row/scene

Super necessary to be able to change tempo like this
By HouseWithoutMouse Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:48 pm
I'd like to use the tuner for tuning stuff inside the Force, so the tuner should be able to connect to any track output, and display the tuning information while I'm in a completely different screen like editing a drum track or sample. Like Ableton's tuner can be used for tuning, say, drum sounds, while manipulating the sounds inside Ableton.

By B-Wise Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:21 am
Here's a summery of all the best feature Ideas from me, this post & from Gearspace https://gearspace.com/board/showpost.ph ... ount=10742

-Polarity flip.
-Sample combine.
-Euclidean sequencer.
-Vocal Remover.
-Tempo automation.
-Real-time sample reverse like the SP-404 mk2.
-Quick way to reset values like vol to zero.
-More time-signatures.
-More LFO's (& free-running LFO's) & destinations in Track Edit.
-Different date formats from the browser Year/mm/dd.
-More track location tags in the arranger.
-Track mute groups= like pad mute groups but for tracks.
-Send a submix to another submix.
-More audio tracks.
-MIDI clock latency compensation.
-An frequency spectrum analyzer.
-Explode drum tracks.
-Names for scenes.
-Some way to easily transport bars so we can go from bar 1 to bar 2.

-Option to set all new samples to stream from disk & to change multiple samples to stream from disk at once.

-Change the stereo type (Stereo, L-mono, R-mono, L+R mono) of a stereo sample in real-time in the Track edit.

-Being able to copy & paste text & also save common names to the pads (Pad 1=Kick, Pad 2=Snare,...Pad 64=Ruff Sketch).

-Track Position Swap (Track rearrange is cool but this is faster - Swap track 2 & 13 in one take).

-Copy Track settings to another of the same Track type w/o copying over the clips.

-Track Clips copy & paste options: copy or move & paste 1/all/selected clips to another track with the options of keeping the current clip(s) name or converting the name to the new track or even a new custom name.
-"Pause Recording" = Start sampling then pause it on the parts you don't want & un-pause it to record the parts you do want in a single take.

-Launch Wait= If you press a new launch scene, it won't start playing until the longest clip in the current scene finishes.

-Launch Scene Arranger= Setup the order of scenes to play & loop on the fly so we can change it up then let it play out. E.g., Scene 1-2-3-15-16 then its loops or not. Also this should be able to be recorded into the Arranger.

-In the clip editor piano roll the out of scale notes should be darkened by default, and hidden or disabled via a configuration option.

What's missing?
By HouseWithoutMouse Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:51 pm
If there are project macros set to control Kill EQ frequency bands on/off, and if all three are set to KILL at the same time, the screen or the knobs OLED displays or something should show a flashing warning text "EVERYTHING KILLED". If I do that - and I've already managed to do it a few times - it's always some kind of a mistake and it might take some time to troubleshoot why there's no sound.
By Csé Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:02 pm
I would like to use the Akai Force as a sound card. (Computer mode). Don't tell me how! Not possible. (firmware 3.2.3, Win11)
By stepcorrect Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:01 am
Graphic EQ

Line automation tool or some preset shapes/curves (should be a no-brainer)

The fork tuner as a plugin

Collapsing bus or some form of group channel

More functions like probability/ratchet.. maybe pitch/reverse/variation
By nsolarz Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:16 pm
The step sequencer on the pads could use some real love.
Add the ability to change step length
Add the ability for elektron-style parameter locking (even in a limited capacity)
Add the ability to copy-paste steps or sets of steps
By phat phace Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:34 pm
Some latency adjustment for when syncing gear to the Force and better sync when the Force is synced to other hardware with known good midi clock. This would make capturing audio from external sequencers and drum machines better, right now I have better results not syncing and just matching the tempo, then lining stuff up manually by trimming.
By vitruvi Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:52 am
Mpcisfun wrote:3 - Copying and pasting of steps in step sequencer

How is this not a thing already? This seems like a day 1 feature. The ability to copy and paste a step sequencer page to another location should be a basic function.
By HouseWithoutMouse Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:51 pm
When adding a WAV file at the start of an arrangement, with no warping, and then audio exporting back to WAV, the resulting audio is 32 samples late compared to the original. It would be nice if it was 0 samples off.
By B-Wise Tue May 16, 2023 8:50 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:When loading a new drum program accidentally, it would be nice if it could be fully undone by pressing UNDO. And not the current half-messed-up thing.

The best solution for this currently is to save before loading & reload the project if you load the wrong program. This method isn't ideal if you have a project with a lot of stuff. Your request would be way better, so hopefully, it'll get added.

Speak of programs, it would be nice if we could change all the samples on multiple pads at the same time like the MPC1000/2500 w JJOS :idea: