Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Cam10 Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:49 pm
I also hope Akai Force can have better integration with Ableton in the future. I understand Akai and Ableton are two different companies and it doesn't always make sense to promote each other but having better support when transferring projects back and forth between Akai Force and Ableton is needed. The limit of 8 audio tracks in the Force makes it difficult to run projects from Ableton on the Force especially when you consider plugins will not be active so you have to bounce any plugin tracks you have first. It's not as much a problem when you pull a Force Project up in Ableton but if you continually go back and forth it can quickly become a headache and it's easy to accumulate multiple versions of the same song largely to support limitations with audio tracks on the Force.
By Cam10 Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:14 pm
Looks like they have done it...

Force 3.2 is here...
https://www.akaipro.com/force-forcexus

The ultimate sound browsing experience is now available in FORCE 3.2. Build and save performances and edit your instruments from this new touch screen experience. The Sounds Page is designed to work intuitively with the powerful FORCE multitouch screen, perfect for finding and auditioning sounds during your production process. Sounds are grouped by instrument Type, MPC Expansions, Drum Programs, CV Programs, and more.
By Cam10 Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:32 pm
Anyone down to make a new feature wishlist thread and update whenever a new release addresses issues?

One thing I would like to see next (and is a pain in my side which we will run into more now with more on board instruments) is the limit of 8 audio tracks.

They should work on updates to eventually increase track count to 128 audio tracks. based on the updates they will have to make to the machines.

128 Audio Tracks should be the goal but highly unlikely with the current hardware so I think they should shoot for anything above 8 audio tracks so 16, 32, 64, 128

Which means the device will need more RAM and probably better processor.
By fmq75 Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:03 pm
I have two wishes for the arranger

1. editing (of multiple) clips (copying,moving,cutting etc) directly on the timeline and not in a seperate window. Just like in any other sequencer with alinear timeline.

2. „container“ for midi clips
By B-Wise Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:14 pm
I wish we copy/paste text for tracks, samples, files..etc like on the MPC1k/2500.
Also wish we could store common names to the pads so if while naming a track or whatever - just press pad 1 & it names it Kick#1. There's 64 pads...think of how this could speed up your work flow :shock:

I wish they add an oscilloscope & a spectrogram.
By OldFashion Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:19 pm
Hello there,
im happy about the firmware support for the Force and my wishes for future updates, costing or not are
1. visual EQ
2. Resonator effect
3. Clip follow action
4. groove extraction from audio clips

some of them should be programmable.
Stay forced
By OldFashion Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:33 pm
Hey there,

for future updates i hope they programm
1. a visual EQ or spectrum analyzer
2. clip follow actions
3. a resonator effect
and when its possible
4. groove extraction and groove pools

Get Force stay forced
By dest4b Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:42 am
MACKIE HUI .. or something to connect a BCF 32 or X-Touch as Mixer controller on Force !

i know it could be learned, and its a mess, but i did it already
Biggest problem here is if you delete or move a track in the Project all is messed up.

So better first 8 Tracks on the controller and next page 9-16 ect ... like in ableton.
By blaqwhole Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:22 am
In PAD mode, I'd like the ability to see the notes assigned to each pad on the screen or a pop up that displays the chord currently being played on the pads. On the MPC Live, while in performance mode, you can see the note that is assigned to each pad, same with the chords. Not sure why this isn't possible in the Force.
By blaqwhole Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:25 pm
Would also like to have the ability to name scenes. Looking at the screen in MATRIX view, there's room for at least 9 characters of text in the Launch column. It would be nice to be able to name each of the scenes to help with organization and arrangement in a live or studio production environment.
By HouseWithoutMouse Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:44 pm
Macros and knobs (Q-links) are an excellent feature, so it would be nice to be able to expand their use in many ways and to avoid using the touch screen.

- In the macro editor, I'd like to be able to focus on a parameter, say, "cutoff frequency" and change it to another parameter like "resonance", with the data dial or +/- buttons. Without having to browse through the whole track/plugin/parameter menu again and again, with the touch screen.
- When holding down the KNOBS button, it would be great to be able to use the launch pads to select one of the options, instead of having to use the touch screen. This would even enable selecting a new mode with one hand.
- When the knobs are set to Volume mode, I'd like to be able to quickly reset the volume to 0 by e.g. double-tapping the knob. Or holding SHIFT. The same goes for all parameters in the whole device - there should always be an easy way to instantly reset to zero or some other normal default value.
By HouseWithoutMouse Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:34 pm
Text entry is quite important in various features like naming tracks and loading and searching sounds. But the touch screen is awkward and error-prone. Having to reach over to it is bad, and it guesses key-presses wrong all the time, or doesn't register a key-press at all. Using an external keyboard is better, but not always practical. The Force has enough buttons for a QWERTY keyboard, and the pad matrix could be used something like this:

or like this

I think this could be an improvement over what there is currently, particularly for situations where an external keyboard isn't practical.