Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Offkey-E Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:54 pm
Hey guys. I installed and formatted my SSD in accordance with the manual but now am having difficulty understanding how to utilize data I install on it. I watch a Pink Buddha vid about the new 3.1.1 update and it briefly mentioned something about having to install data on the "root" folder. I am uncertain what this means but have a vague idea. I think part of the confusion is that what shows up on the Force under SSD and what shows up on my computer aren't the same. For example, I think what we are calling my "root" folder shows on the Force but not my computer file browser. My computer will show new folders I create and so will force but the force doesn't seem to acknowledge their contents, or in other words, when I open a newly created folder on Force it shows the folder to be empty, though my computer shows it populated. I've been trying to use 3rd party FX for my guitar and also download the new Akai synth. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
By EnochLight Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:44 pm
Offkey-E wrote:Hey guys. I installed and formatted my SSD in accordance with the manual but now am having difficulty understanding how to utilize data I install on it. I watch a Pink Buddha vid about the new 3.1.1 update and it briefly mentioned something about having to install data on the "root" folder. I am uncertain what this means but have a vague idea. I think part of the confusion is that what shows up on the Force under SSD and what shows up on my computer aren't the same. For example, I think what we are calling my "root" folder shows on the Force but not my computer file browser. My computer will show new folders I create and so will force but the force doesn't seem to acknowledge their contents, or in other words, when I open a newly created folder on Force it shows the folder to be empty, though my computer shows it populated. I've been trying to use 3rd party FX for my guitar and also download the new Akai synth. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

First of all, did you format your SSD using ExFAT? When you are in Computer Mode, the only things that will show up in your computer is attached storage (meaning, that new SSD you just installed, and any SD Card or USB sticks attached to your Force). Your Force's own built-in factory storage will never be available as attached storage - hence why you should never use it to store projects, samples, or Expansions (well that and it's extremely limited in size).

As for installing data on your new SSD, do it via your computer in Computer Mode, and place the "Synths" folder in the root directory of your SSD. That means - don't put it inside any other folders. The "root directory" is the very top level of your storage medium (in this case, your SSD). No folders. Then all of the new synths should show up on your Force assuming you've updated to 3.1.1 (and reset your Preferences).

Make sure you software "eject" your SSD from your computer via your computer OS before switching back into Standalone Mode. After you do this, hit "Load" on your Force, and tap the "Places" tab on the left of your touch screen. Your newly installed SSD and anything you placed on it should show up there. Make sure you're viewing "all files" if you want everything to show up.

Offkey-E wrote:I've been trying to use 3rd party FX for my guitar..

Wait... what? You can't load 3rd party plugins onto Force. Only what Akai/Air supplies in the Force firmware's built-in plugins and effects.
By Offkey-E Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:06 am
Yes, I did all that before and have been able to access my SSD. Though, I was focused on using third party VST's, which if Force doesn't allow those, then that would explain my difficulty. Wow, major bummer. Can I use Akai/Air plugins and FX like Dirty Drummer and such? If so, are there any good FX from Akai/Air for guitar? I'm looking for heavy metal FX like what a Boss Metal Zone MT-2 would provide as of now.
By Offkey-E Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:50 am
Saved round......Pink Buddha made a sound pack for use in the Force and MPCs from Squid Games. How is he able to make this work in Force? Is he using a different/special file extension? I'm was attempting to utilize Mercuriall Metal Area that emulates the Boss Metal Zone pedal. Clearly I'm missing something. Any help is greatly appreciated.
By andreat668 Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:53 am
The force and all the ''new'' mpc's are like a closed system, you cannot use any plug-ins, except the ones provided directly by Akai.
This is why is impossible (at the moment) to use any third party vst's, AU, Axx, etc..
For metal I guess distortion is your friend and you should definitely check the effects plugin folder with all the distortion and amp models.
Probably the sound pack you mentioned was made as mpc program or mpc expansion, you can make MPC Programs directly into Force and save them for future use or you can build expansions with the mpc expansion builder and the free mpc beats.
Hope that helps.
By EnochLight Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:08 pm
Offkey-E wrote:I was focused on using third party VST's, which if Force doesn't allow those, then that would explain my difficulty. Wow, major bummer. Can I use Akai/Air plugins and FX like Dirty Drummer and such? If so, are there any good FX from Akai/Air for guitar? I'm looking for heavy metal FX like what a Boss Metal Zone MT-2 would provide as of now.

It's a bummer you didn't do your research before buying the Force. This is a standalone sampler groovebox, and all of its effects and plugins are built-in. Nowhere was it ever advertised that you could install 3rd party VST plugins, effects, or otherwise onto it. Sorry man - you have to look in the included Air and Akai effects section on your Force.

Offkey-E wrote:Saved round......Pink Buddha made a sound pack for use in the Force and MPCs from Squid Games. How is he able to make this work in Force? Is he using a different/special file extension? I'm was attempting to utilize Mercuriall Metal Area that emulates the Boss Metal Zone pedal. Clearly I'm missing something. Any help is greatly appreciated.

He merely sampled the content from Netflix and made an Expansion (which you can use on Force or MPC), as well as a variety of other things. You must be new at this... you do realize Force is a sampler, right? :nod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rye7evEfsaw

By hobonickel Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:35 am
I have been having a similar issue working around this ssd drive storage .. My issue is it is showing up as basic and not removeable storage so I cant safely eject as I do not have the option like I do on a removeable device.
I cant seem to find out why windows is not seeing this as a removeable ssd device
any ideas would be greatly appreciated... before I reformat the darn thing and start again
Thanks