Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By pitchblender Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:28 am
Been programming the MIDI learn for Korg NTS-1 to be controlled with Launch Control XL and it works fine so far, except I have to remember the initial settings on the NTS-1 if I turn it off before recording audio as there are no presets on the NTS-1. I was only after using the lush reverbs but thought I'd experiment as it's a pretty basic synth. Love the CC labelling on the Force - even the macros automatically get labelled, and the corresponding OLED screens respond to the XL's controls :-D
BUT
There's no 'punch-in/out' on the Force! It's not in the manual... When I try to re-record automation on one MIDI CC it records blank MIDI notes in the arrangement over the stuff I've already recorded :x

Not sure if I'm missing something here as I want to overdub just one CC (or preferably whatever I'm tweaking at the time) but in Automation Record mode for a single MIDI track it won't record anything with REC button on *or* off until I arm the track, which is when it starts overwriting *everything*.

Maybe I'm just used to Ableton's MIDI recording and it looks like it's not possible on the Force....yet. Or maybe it's late and I need some sleep.

I know there's Punch In/Out on the Live/X as there's a YT video by Tubedigga showing how it's hidden away (double-tap the time counter?!) but that was 4 years ago...

Can anyone help?
Cheers