Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By zskylar Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:54 pm
New Force owner here. Installed internal SSD and was interested in what folders I should create on the SSD. Right now I just have the “synths” folder from the 3.1.1 update. When I save a project is the Force OS smart enough to create the folder structure the first time once I select the SSD as the destination? Thanks for any help!
By Koekepan Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:33 am
I would use good common sense.

Maybe one directory for rendered songs.
Maybe one for containing song data, and then subdirectories for each song.
Maybe one for autosampled keygroups or other samples.

It doesn't matter too much except from the perspective of organisation.
By EnochLight Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:21 pm
zskylar wrote:New Force owner here. Installed internal SSD and was interested in what folders I should create on the SSD. Right now I just have the “synths” folder from the 3.1.1 update. When I save a project is the Force OS smart enough to create the folder structure the first time once I select the SSD as the destination? Thanks for any help!

No, Force os does NOT create your own folders or folder trees on your new SSD. There is no particular rule in folders, though - just create what you need (with exception of Expansions, which you should have a folder called that in the top root directory where you can install any 3rd party Expansions). Personally, I have quite a few folders on mine: Synths, Projects, Expansions, My Samples and Sounds, MIDI, Keygroups, Drum Programs, and Sequences. Those folders then have other various subfolders that I've created in them. I think I have a Splice folder on there too.