Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By dvdbrg Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:44 am
Hello there,
currently im trying to sync different tracks/songs within force for a dj set.
I tried many different solutions like adjusting tune in sampler to snap on the grid. Then with warp and without warp but it never stays tight. I think its a resolution problem in the Tune parameter.
I think force is just not made to warp longer track coherently. And with more precise control over the tune one could sync the tracks to a degree that you can actually dj with it. :roll:

any other experiences or tips ?

thanks !
By pitchblender Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:27 pm
Hello, I just thought these three from nicethings might help. He's good at experimenting on the Force and his videos are full of handy hints:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LS71WcVDos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ9wIe33vUI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me2WbR2FuBA

I've been concentrating on other stuff with the Force but I have used Algoriddim Djay & Traktor for DJing and want to start mixing on the Force in a similar manner but it's not the most user-friendly device at the moment for that.

But I hope this helps :)

Cheers
By dvdbrg Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:51 pm
yes thank you ! i have allready watched those but my problem is not solved with this method unfortunatley. The timestretching of the force is really bad and it doesnt allow for manual warping to adjust the regions where it goes out of tune. Tried also to warp everything in ableton and then export it to the force but it doesnt save the markers.

would be such a cool environment to prepare and adjust a dj set but i cant see a way to play with it. And im not tatlking about crazy idm or unconventional rythms. simple 4/4 with long tracks are not playable without noticeable warping artifacts.
By pitchblender Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:28 pm
Yup digital beatmatching manually is an art unto itself. One thing you might not have done is set the audio warping algorithm in Audio/Export in Preferences, and the other options closeby might make a difference. If not at least this stuff is here for others to use :)

I guess as folk learn the Force in depth and take it to its limits as firmware allows it'll eventually be seen for what it is...I do believe Akai have really dropped the ball with this beast, and nobody they've employed to promote it seems to know more than the basics...

Anyways, hope ye figure it out!
By misterflibble Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:54 pm
dvdbrg wrote:yes thank you ! i have allready watched those but my problem is not solved with this method unfortunatley. The timestretching of the force is really bad and it doesnt allow for manual warping to adjust the regions where it goes out of tune. Tried also to warp everything in ableton and then export it to the force but it doesnt save the markers.

would be such a cool environment to prepare and adjust a dj set but i cant see a way to play with it. And im not tatlking about crazy idm or unconventional rythms. simple 4/4 with long tracks are not playable without noticeable warping artifacts.

What are the markers that you want in this scenario that don’t get exported?
By felixtv Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:32 pm
What are the markers that you want in this scenario that don’t get exported?

Markers from Ableton’s .als warping file, i guess.

Even basic integration with Ableton is impossible without proper timing and importing these warping files.
By felixtv Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:45 pm
I see the Elastique flatten mode, is there less destructive way to warp file and make dj sets with it?

I am reading manual, but warping is still bit confusing to me.

Is there Elastique mode kind of warping at all? And maybe i need flatten my tracks with Elastique algo (“offline warping” i guess?) during playback? But it creates new files? Where i can find that new files? Are stey stored on SATA-drive or..? And once file “elasted” is it usable to djing without mess?

Thanks and cheers in advance.
By felixtv Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:28 pm
felixtv wrote:Is there Elastique mode kind of warping at all?

Aah, as i get, Elastique is for fixed tempo, not for tempo change. So, any chance to have workaround for various BPM?