Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Don Blake Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:01 pm
Does anyone know if I can record the crossfaders default "a and b switching" yet?
I'm sure there is a work around with setting volume macro but I just wondered if it can be done or not.
By misterflibble Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:51 pm
Are you asking where the automation gets written for the A and B switching based on the A/B assignment in the mixer?

If so, that’s a good question and I haven’t explored that yet. There are automation tracks in the Force (when you hit the MASTER button when in the matrix), I wonder if the cross fader automation gets captured there?

Have you looked under MACROS to see if the default fader assignment shows up in there? If it does, it should be the first item, and you should be able to see which function has been learned to the macro. You can then record automation to that macro target via a clip or the arranger as usual, I would suspect.