Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By osyrus11 Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:43 pm
Anybody know where the sample pool audio is?
Like if I record into the sampler and "keep" the audio where is this audio?

to get this audio into an audio clip in the matrix, I would have to do a save>sample operation first right? this would be the same if I record audio into the arranger first (like an external synth, bypassing recording into a clip) but wanted this recording back in a clip in the matrix view, I would have to go into the sample pool from sample editor, save the sample somewhere then call it up through the browser right? It doesn't seem like the "assign" function works for audio tracks, would be a handy way of putting audio samples where you wanted them in the matrix.

what about recording audio straight into a clip? Is this also just in the sample pool?
Are these sample pool recordings tied to the project, or is it a global floating sample pool that will show up across projects?

Just trying to understand file management better. and how projects handle recorded audio. any resources out there on this?
By Koekepan Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:52 pm
As I understand it, a sample is saved in a project, when you save the project.

However, you can also save it separately to a file pretty much wherever you please.
By Kcearl Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:18 am
osyrus11 wrote:so it's in a hidden hidden folder?

Where do you save your projects to?

If youre saving to the internal drive (which you really shouldnt) then you cant access it via a computer. But is you are saving to and external drive/usb/SD then its in the project file, its not hidden. You can find it on a PC when you connect the Force as it shows up as an external drive, or just pull it straight off a usb/sd.
By SuperKonquer Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:57 pm
Until you save your project it’s in your ram. Once you save it it will be in the project folder. You don’t have to go through hoops to assign audio to anything be it a pad clip or audio track. All you do is select from sample assign drop down box. It always has a list of audio files on n your pool.
By misterflibble Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:33 pm
Samples hanging out in RAM are easily visible in the following places.

1. Sample edit - just select the sample name.

2. Track edit for a drum track - select the sample in the drop down for the pad you want to assign it to.

3. MENU > [PROJECT] shows you all the elements that make up your project. You can see samples here, and assign them to be in RAM or stream from disk.