Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By andreat668 Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:09 pm
I got this beat all nicely arranged and I recorded some live automations into master out 1/2 via XYFX touchpad.
Now I would like to export the individual stems for mix and mastering (Ableton) and I need to copy and paste over the exact same automations to the rest of the tracks.
Is there any way to do that?
I am honestly a bit confused, I also wonder if there is a quick way to export individual tracks with master (1/2,3/4) Fx's applied?
Also if vintage mode is enabled on preferences tab, is the sound going to by affected during audio exports?
Thanks for any help!
By Koekepan Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:01 pm
I'm not 100% sure that I understand your intention, but in your place I'd do a set of renders, soloing the tracks in turn. That way the master chain remains solid, including its automations, and you get each track individually?
By NearTao Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:51 pm
I think that the OP wants to do something like:

Use Force to automate the cutoff and resonance of a Low Pass Filter, to get a "feel" for it by itself.

Export the automation events to software such as Ableton Live or Pro Tools (or whatever DAW), to use a different/higher quality Low Pass Filter.

So while I agree with your approach for exporting stems, I don't think that is what the OP is interested in.
By andreat668 Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:59 am
Thanks for the replies and sorry my English.
Actually you are both right:
At first I thought I could export the automation data from a Force project to a separate Ableton session, using same midi data for Ableton's beat repeater fx, unfortunately it seems not possible.
So I ended up using Force internal XYFX on master 1/2 and bouncing tracks in solo (as advice by Koekepan).
I think for the future I am keeping this workflow of bouncing tracks (in solo) via master fx.
I always have at least the mpc 60 emulation and a low pass filter on the master 1/2 and 3/4.
Maybe a future update could be:
"Exporting from Force an Ableton Live sets with audio, midi (notes) and midi automation data"
Anyways I think I am already sorted with the "solo tracks" workaround.
This hardware is so great there is always a workaround for pretty much everything :smoker: