Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Koekepan Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:16 pm
It should be too crazy. The big thing to remember is that the organisation of tracks and their relation to the arrangement is different, which means that the workflow is different. So give yourself some time to use it before you judge the outcome.
By EnochLight Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:59 pm
aes-one wrote:I just got a brand new Force at a local pawn shop for $765 out the door!!! woohoo coming from the MPC Live, i'm hoping the transition won't be too hard.

Congrats! Also, nice deal! Make sure you upgrade to 3.1.2 and do a system Preferences "reset" afterwards. And do make sure you turn disk-streaming on and set the temp folder to an installed SSD (preferably) or a fast SD Card or USB stick/drive.
By Hootch Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:20 pm
I snagged mine at 2:00 am the day the prices went up. I returned to the website at 9:00 am and saw that the price had increased $200 overnight. Not sure who has the last laugh though, given the performance issues and crickets from Akai Tech Support when seeking help (I'm very thankful for this forum, btw!). I'm hoping that 3.1.2 fixes the problem - in its current state I can't take this on stage and risk a failure in a live situation.

I saw that the CEO of Intel predicts it will be 2023 before the chip shortage is resolved, so I think price increases and delays for anything remotely electronic are going to be a reality for a while. :-/ .
By EnochLight Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:02 pm
Hootch wrote:I snagged mine at 2:00 am the day the prices went up. I returned to the website at 9:00 am and saw that the price had increased $200 overnight. Not sure who has the last laugh though, given the performance issues and crickets from Akai Tech Support when seeking help (I'm very thankful for this forum, btw!). I'm hoping that 3.1.2 fixes the problem - in its current state I can't take this on stage and risk a failure in a live situation.

I saw that the CEO of Intel predicts it will be 2023 before the chip shortage is resolved, so I think price increases and delays for anything remotely electronic are going to be a reality for a while. :-/ .

Nice timing on the purchase! Yeah I would be hard pressed to believe the chip shortage will be addressed before 2023 at all, but Intel is a special case since they blundered their foundries and fell so behind being a technology leader. TSMC is mopping the floor with Intel.

Not sure why you're having stability issues - have you upgraded to 3.1.2 yet (and make sure you do a reset afterwards)?
By misterflibble Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:23 pm
aes-one wrote:I just got a brand new Force at a local pawn shop for $765 out the door!!! woohoo coming from the MPC Live, i'm hoping the transition won't be too hard.

It won't. Took me a few days to get my head around the differences. The biggest difference is that there's no Programs - Tracks and Programs are one and the same. Idk why they chose to do this with the Force since it makes more sense to me to have Programs be standalone, and assign them to Tracks just like you do in MPC.
By Ultros Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:36 am
I'ma have to start up a collection to get me one... pass the plate around, start a go fund me, busk on sidewalks, prostitute my pastey white ass... With this rona crap escalating it's getting hard to find em. My spidey senses are tingling on a price hike..
By Koekepan Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:57 pm
Get a truck. Chain speaker in truck bed. Add collections box. Add a poster saying: Busking in isolation for the Times of Corona. Drive speaker from inside the truck with your MPC.

Profit!
By aes-one Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:52 am
misterflibble wrote:

It won't. Took me a few days to get my head around the differences. The biggest difference is that there's no Programs - Tracks and Programs are one and the same. Idk why they chose to do this with the Force since it makes more sense to me to have Programs be standalone, and assign them to Tracks just like you do in MPC.

thanks for the response. while Force and MPC do things a bit differently, its still essentially all the same. each individual pad is a track, and each column of pads is a program. and each row of pads is a sequence.

so in the MPC, you add new tracks and assign whatever program to each track.
in the Force, you add new programs and create tracks (clips) for each program.

so far i like the force a lot!
By whiteturbo Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:15 am
I Bought my Force used but in mint condition(looks new to me, screen protectors still on) with a 500gb SSD and a pile of converted maschine expansions for £730 early December. Although I have a MPC Live and a Maschine Studio, they have been in their respective boxes since I got the Force, I just cant stop playing with it lol.
By EnochLight Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:27 pm
whiteturbo wrote:I Bought my Force used but in mint condition(looks new to me, screen protectors still on) with a 500gb SSD and a pile of converted maschine expansions for £730 early December. Although I have a MPC Live and a Maschine Studio, they have been in their respective boxes since I got the Force, I just cant stop playing with it lol.

Wow - nice score!! Very cool that it came with a pile of converted maschine expansions as well!
By Hoekschop Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:16 pm
Got mine recently for 890 EUR. A big music store in Holland (Bax-shop) sent me a coupon for 10% off. I had already decided to replace my MPC Live with a Force and I'd decided to wait until I got my bonus from work. But I couldn't let a 100 Euro discount pass me by.

Unfortunately, they sent me a B-stock (the box had already been opened and the wrap was missing). So I called them immediately and I sent it back. Last weekend a spanking new Force arrived :-)

It takes some getting used to, but all in all I'm very happy with it. Even fingerdrumming works really well, despite the smaller pads compared to the MPC Live. I guess I'll be selling that MPC shortly ;-)
By 64hz Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:13 pm
Hoekschop wrote:Got mine recently for 890 EUR. A big music store in Holland (Bax-shop) sent me a coupon for 10% off. I had already decided to replace my MPC Live with a Force and I'd decided to wait until I got my bonus from work. But I couldn't let a 100 Euro discount pass me by.

Unfortunately, they sent me a B-stock (the box had already been opened and the wrap was missing). So I called them immediately and I sent it back. Last weekend a spanking new Force arrived :-)

It takes some getting used to, but all in all I'm very happy with it. Even fingerdrumming works really well, despite the smaller pads compared to the MPC Live. I guess I'll be selling that MPC shortly ;-)

Congrats, I felt exactly the same lol. Bye MPC. :lol: