Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By EnochLight Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:06 pm
Looks like Sweetwater just raised its price for the Force, now back to $1299 USD and the same price as the Live II:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... -sequencer

Hope you got yours for a good price! I paid $825 USD for mine, new in the box, with a 2-year warranty from Sweetwater back in February of 2021. :smoker:
By EnochLight Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:00 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:You can still pick it up for £600+vat in some places in the UK, which is around $800.

You guys having issues with shipping and ports being backed up in the UK? The two largest ports here in the US are backed up for the foreseeable future, with shipments buried in shipping containers for months. :shock: :(
By Koekepan Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:40 pm
Call me cynical, but I think that this is very good news.

Explanation: They were depressed almost to blow-it-out prices. This made me worried for the future of the platform. Why would they boost the price? Only because it's selling and they're running low on stock.

To me, this means that the platform has legs, which promises more support from Akai, which maybe even heralds a future Force 2, perhaps in a year or five?
By EnochLight Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:46 pm
I'm trying to remain positive (as I absolutely would love to see a Force 2 and/or 61-key workstation version), but i fear the price increase has nothing to do with its popularity (since the latest firmware updates) and more to do with the worldwide shipping clusterphux that are happening. Stock and inventory for retailers would have been bought months ago, so Akai literally won't be seeing a dime for any of these price increases anytime soon. It's likely Force units being buried in shipping containers and being held at port for extortive rates. Hope I'm wrong.
By DokBrown Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:19 pm
I always thought the FORCE was a winner. The MPC ableton export is nice but this is my FUTURE come 2025. People should’ve copped 1 last year while everybody was whining & complaining.
By nori Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:01 am
For me it was the 3.1 update that sold it. I didnt really have any interest until disk streaming was introduced so I am glad the platform is still supported. Must say I am pleasantly surprised at how powerful this machine is.

Ended up grabbing one for 800€ used in mint while new is about 1000€.
By Straker Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:26 pm
EnochLight wrote:I'm trying to remain positive (as I absolutely would love to see a Force 2 and/or 61-key workstation version), but i fear the price increase has nothing to do with its popularity (since the latest firmware updates) and more to do with the worldwide shipping clusterphux that are happening. Stock and inventory for retailers would have been bought months ago, so Akai literally won't be seeing a dime for any of these price increases anytime soon. It's likely Force units being buried in shipping containers and being held at port for extortive rates. Hope I'm wrong.

I think you are right, unfortunately.
I am also trying to order a Boss gt1000 core but it's unavailable everywhere here in italy and europe.
Some shops say it will be available in 12/15 weeks (that's a lot of time, 3 or 4 months) and price is already 100 euro higher.
Not good news on market side.
By 64hz Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:48 pm
At this point it's €989 discounted from €1156 with a big retailer here. (Bax) Tomorrow I'm ordering since I can see the price going up fast within a couple of weeks. :evil: