Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Electro Clash Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:38 am
Hello, yesterday I bought again a Force.
I say “again” because I sold my previous one more then one year ago.
Unfortunately I found that clip a loop issue is still there.
I loaded the default project “Tech House” and i ear that:
1) Looped clips of an audio track are not playing “well”: it is like initial transient is cut bad, if I listen to a drum loop the initial attack will be a little in late even if I zoomed the clip and it seems perfect.
2) after 3 or 4 cycles of a scene play some loops goes completely out of sync for a cycle, the. They will go back in sync again.

Any idea or suggestions?
By misterflibble Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:16 pm
I found that some of the demos seem to have loops that are out of sync. I thought they were just cut badly, or whoever put the loop together wanted the beat to be slightly off for effect. I know that one demo in particular sounded sloppy and the others didn’t.

I haven’t looked closely at the waveform in that demo to see if it’s actually a timing issue. Have you? I haven’t had any issues with clip timing on any of the stuff I’ve recorded so far, but I’ve just done a few test projects as I am learning the device (just bought it a few weeks ago).

Do you have the same issues on the other demos?
By Electro Clash Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:20 pm
I have it since yesterday and I haven’t tested everything yet, but I can say that Techno demo and a couple of my old projects (I kept from my first Force) seems NOT to have the same issue.

Yesterday I zoomed the wav file afflicted by the strange defect but I didn’t found anything wrong.
I will check better
By Tone S Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:11 pm
Hi ,

So I started the tutorial just now and I found myself wondering about the same issues.
This weird first kick if the clip loops around.
This is with the tutorial project Deep house “ colors “.
It’s really a big problem since that first kick after it loops changes the whole groove because of that strange attack.
It disrupts the continuous groove of the monotonous kick.

Did anyone found the reason or even beter, a solution?
By Reserge Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:49 am
Electro Clash wrote:Hello, yesterday I bought again a Force.
I say “again” because I sold my previous one more then one year ago.
Unfortunately I found that clip a loop issue is still there.
I loaded the default project “Tech House” and i ear that:
1) Looped clips of an audio track are not playing “well”: it is like initial transient is cut bad, if I listen to a drum loop the initial attack will be a little in late even if I zoomed the clip and it seems perfect.
2) after 3 or 4 cycles of a scene play some loops goes completely out of sync for a cycle, the. They will go back in sync again.

Any idea or suggestions?