Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By misterflibble Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:19 pm
I was setting up a recording on my Force, and noticed that the inputs were different levels. Fearing a hardware issue with one of the inputs, I started doing all kinds of tests until I remembered that the Force has discrete input gain controls for each input. :Sigh:

So, now my question becomes: how do you make sure you have the input levels set the same on both inputs? Do you guys just trust your ears/eyes on it being set the same? I suppose I could send in a test tone on both sides and set levels that way to ensure consistency, but there's nothing to prevent me knocking one of the knobs and not the other by accident. It would be cool if the Force had an option to treat both inputs as a stereo pair and only obey a single gain knob for setting levels on both inputs, but I haven't come across that option if it exists.

Looking forward to any tips.