Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By osyrus11 Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:08 am
I made the mistake of saving a few projects and drum kits to "internal" location. looking around the internet people advise not to do this. So how do I move these files to the ssd? I can't get at the internal drive from computer mode since only sd and ssd show up as drives on the computer, and doing it through the force itself, well I know how to save or delete files from the browser but how would you move them? Also is there any particular place I should be storing either kits or projects files?
By MPC-Tutor Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:14 am
Load the project into memory, 'save as' and save it to your SSD. Repeat for all projects.

Now if you wish you can delete those projects from your internal drive, but that isn't necessary unless you are getting warnings about running out of free space.

The main issue people have with saving to the internal drive is that it makes back up a PITA. The second issue is that to make extra space they often mass delete a lot of the internal library content which for some people seems to cause some kind of system corruption. The third issue is that the Force seems to write temporary files to the internal drive, such as bounce files, so it needs 'some' free space to do that.
By osyrus11 Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:43 pm
Ah ya, figured it was something like that.Makes sense. I was starting to get low memory prompts as I’d done some hardware jams and recorded long stretches of audio. Thanks for the tip!
By EnochLight Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:28 pm
osyrus11 wrote:Ah ya, figured it was something like that.Makes sense. I was starting to get low memory prompts as I’d done some hardware jams and recorded long stretches of audio. Thanks for the tip!

Definitely move your disk-streaming temp file to your SSD or an SD Card! Settings is in Preferences.
By osyrus11 Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:19 pm
What about "force documents" should this one be kept off the internal drive? because that's where it is right now for me but I'm not sure wether that's by default or I placed it there myself on an update or some such thing (I'mm running firmware 3.1)
By MPC-Tutor Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:18 pm
osyrus11 wrote:What about "force documents" should this one be kept off the internal drive? because that's where it is right now for me but I'm not sure wether that's by default or I placed it there myself on an update or some such thing (I'mm running firmware 3.1)

Akai put that there, just ignore it and save your projects to any preferred folder on your SSD.
By Pauluz Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:57 pm
EnochLight wrote:
osyrus11 wrote:Ah ya, figured it was something like that.Makes sense. I was starting to get low memory prompts as I’d done some hardware jams and recorded long stretches of audio. Thanks for the tip!

Definitely move your disk-streaming temp file to your SSD or an SD Card! Settings is in Preferences.

For some funny reason, I can't change the temp directory to my SSD or any other location then Internal?

Does anyone why? :worthy:

Update: Found it! You have to tick the AUTO SAVE box to be able to change the default temp location. I had AUTO SAVE disabled, because I didn't want that. So that's a feature connected to that configuration. Hope this helps!
By Palentier Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:44 am
Brilliant, thanks for posting this. I looked all over the internet on how to fix the low internal memory warning.
After installing an internal SSD I thought that would automatically fix the problem, but you have to go to:

Preferences -> Project Load/Save and check the Enabled box under auto save (I assume) and then you can change the location of the Temp file for saving projects by clicking on the Magnifying glass Icon.

You should see the Other storage locations on the right. Just select the Drive or memory card you installed and you can create a new folder there. (I just named my new folder Temp) then hit select and you are all done.

You should then see at the top the new directory location of your temp folder. Power on and off and you are good to go. No more error message.