Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Mikolaj H. Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:12 pm
I was able to use MIDI Learn on MPC Beats to use PreSonus ATOM, but I'm not able to set it for Akai Force. Pads are triggering different notes than expected by Force, so most of them are playing wrong notes and some notes are just unavailable. Is it possible to use MIDI Learn in Akai Force to use specific pads from any MIDI device, to play specific notes? Any way to import xmm files from MPC Beats?
I'm using PreSonus ATOM as it is way more sensitive than pads from Force and bigger pads are making finger drumming easier.
By DokBrown Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:22 pm
If you don’t like the pads, trade that bad boy
I would never keep any sampler where I don’t like the pads.

I still miss the pads from my ROLAND MV ;-)

BTW – I was able to get my MPC LIVE v1 to respond the the akai APC v1. I like the 8 sliders & crossfader
By EnochLight Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:31 am
Mikolaj H. wrote:I was able to use MIDI Learn on MPC Beats to use PreSonus ATOM, but I'm not able to set it for Akai Force. Pads are triggering different notes than expected by Force, so most of them are playing wrong notes and some notes are just unavailable. Is it possible to use MIDI Learn in Akai Force to use specific pads from any MIDI device, to play specific notes? Any way to import xmm files from MPC Beats?
I'm using PreSonus ATOM as it is way more sensitive than pads from Force and bigger pads are making finger drumming easier.

Force is meant as a standalone machine. You're using MPC Beats on a computer??
By Mikolaj H. Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:15 am
I'm using MPC Beats to create custom Programs (kits) for Akai Force. I'm using PreSonus ATOM to test if my kit is good for finger drumming and sound nice and controls velocity correctly. ATOM have way more sensitive and bigger pads than Akai Force so I'm trying to connect it as well.
By EnochLight Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:18 pm
Mikolaj H. wrote:I'm using MPC Beats to create custom Programs (kits) for Akai Force. I'm using PreSonus ATOM to test if my kit is good for finger drumming and sound nice and controls velocity correctly. ATOM have way more sensitive and bigger pads than Akai Force so I'm trying to connect it as well.

Ahhhhh right - sorry - I misread your OP. Are you able to change settings on your ATOM so that it triggers different notes when running in controller mode? When running a Drum Program on Force, the 16 pads generally are triggered by 16 different notes (+ whatever bank you're on).
By DokBrown Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:00 pm
Mikolaj H. wrote:I'm using MPC Beats to create custom Programs (kits) for Akai Force. I'm using PreSonus ATOM to test if my kit is good for finger drumming and sound nice and controls velocity correctly. ATOM have way more sensitive and bigger pads than Akai Force so I'm trying to connect it as well.

I may take a page from your book & copy you on that front. A desktop with audacity is probably faster for handling lots of basic chopping/naming/organizing than my old MPC LIVE

I wondering if I have the latest MPC beats software but MPC OS 2.8 on my hardware will create program problems ????