Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By mattjet Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:47 pm
dont know which piece of hardware add on force,the korg sq 64 sequencer or a simply analogue rhythm machine as korg volca.Which one to chose?
By Koekepan Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:52 am
I would do the sound generator. Here's why:

The sequencer is not a bad sequencer. However, it's redundant with powers that the Force has, and in particular the Force can do a whole bunch of sequencing with minimal drama so the SQ64 doesn't really buy you a whole lot more.

On the other hand, the Force is a little more limited in terms of sound channels. Also, while there are all sorts of sounds in it, and you can add plenty more (one way or another), adding synthesis power to the Force is generally where you will get more bang for your buck, if only in terms of CPU power saved.

Also, while I'm a fan of the Volca series in general, I do think that it would help to stop and ask yourself the question that NearTao proposes: what do you want to achieve, and how will other devices help you to achieve this? For example, would a Volca drum machine be your best match? For not a lot more money, you could even get something like a Novation Circuit, which would get you a couple of voices of percussion as well as melodic tones. It's also a very nice lap sketchpad, if that's part of your workflow (or if you'd like it to be).
By mattjet Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:34 am
@neartao @koekepan just simply want a add rhythm in a simply and intuitive interface as external drum machine without loosing the way searching through thousands force synth sounds.
By idrumgood Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:48 pm
Elektron Model:Samples (or Model:Cycles, but M:S is better as a drum machine), or the Roland TR-6s are both fantastic drum machines that give you a lot of hands-on control and would probably pair nicely based on what you've mentioned.
By nori Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:31 am
I just got a digitone and am super happy. Now I have the elektron sequencer to drive 4 midi channels of percussion with 4 tracks of fm synthy goodness.

Can really recommend this setup since cc messages can be modulated by digitone.