Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By jason moore Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:17 pm
When I am saving a project that uses several large multi-sampled instruments it takes a while to save and then re-load as it is saving the entire multi-sampled instrument. In the cases of a bass instruments I may only play in a one octave range and all the upper samples are unneeded. Does anyone know if there is a way for the force to only save the samples that are used in a project or would I have to manually delete the unused range and then save?
Thanks,
By Koekepan Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:47 pm
I've never had this problem - mostly because I do very little with samples. I tend to work with plugins, or using MIDI for external synths that I then record into my multitrack.

However, I would swear that I heard of an option to only save the samples that you actually use.
By idrumgood Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:45 pm
Page 72 of the manual talks about removing unused samples from the Project menu.

To delete samples from the project (to create more free RAM space for sampling time, audio recording, etc.), tap
Purge. In the screen that appears, tap Unused Samples to delete all unused samples from the project, tap All
Samples to delete all samples from the project (from all kits and audio or MIDI tracks), or tap Cancel to return to the
previous screen. Alternatively, tap to select a sample and then tap Delete at the bottom of the screen
By misterflibble Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:32 pm
jason moore wrote:OH this looks promising. I will give it a try. Thanks!

You can also delete specific samples in Sample Edit. Select the sample in the drop down and hit the trash can. Idk why you can’t select and delete individual samples in the project view, but there you have it.
By idrumgood Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:40 pm
Idk why you can’t select and delete individual samples in the project view, but there you have it.

You can, just click the sample and Delete is an option.