Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By BE_YOURSELF Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:12 am
Hi everyone
I would receive audio from Ableton (VST Instrument) into the Force.
I created 8 midi tracks on the Force. Then I send Midi to my laptop with a USB-Midi Adapter (Roland UM-ONE MK2). I receive midi in Ableton and I can play VST with the pad and play recorded midi clips.
I can receive audio from the computer through Analog inputs in the Force.
But I would receive individually the sound of the 8 Ableton VST tracks in 8 Audio tracks in the Force.
When you active the new option 32 audio In/Out, you can parameter different audio inputs for each audio track.
But which Audio interface would be convenient. I need USB on the Force side and USB on the computer side.
Thanks for you ideas.
Pierre
By EnochLight Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:01 pm
BE_YOURSELF wrote:Hi everyone
I would receive audio from Ableton (VST Instrument) into the Force.
I created 8 midi tracks on the Force. Then I send Midi to my laptop with a USB-Midi Adapter (Roland UM-ONE MK2). I receive midi in Ableton and I can play VST with the pad and play recorded midi clips.
I can receive audio from the computer through Analog inputs in the Force.
But I would receive individually the sound of the 8 Ableton VST tracks in 8 Audio tracks in the Force.
When you active the new option 32 audio In/Out, you can parameter different audio inputs for each audio track.
But which Audio interface would be convenient. I need USB on the Force side and USB on the computer side.
Thanks for you ideas.
Pierre

For starters, you'd need 32-outs from your computer's audio interface. Second, the audio interface you use on Force would need to be fully USB Class Compliant, and we haven't found one that works flawlessly just yet (meaning there's some trade off no matter which one you choose). Some users have had luck with Behringer's U-Phoria UMC1820 + an add-on Behringer ADA8200, but that will only get you 16 channels. Others have had luck with Zoom's LiveTrak L-20 (which is 20 channels) and/or Tascam's Model 12 and Model 24 (which is 12 and 24 channels respectively). YMMV...

I'd recommend if you go that route, buy your interface from a well known retailer that has a very liberal return policy, so you can return it for a full refund if it doesn't work with your Force.