Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Hootch Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:41 am
Hi enForcers,

(so many puns, so little time)

I downloaded 50-60 samples from Splice (mostly drum loops or one-shots), and about half of them won't load. They all have the same format (.flac), and file size aren't any larger than the ones that work correctly. I do see that the ones that don't work are from the certain packs, which might be a clue. But they are the same format, so I can't figure out what prevents some of them from being recognized.

Anyone else experience this, and if so, is there a workaround?

Thanks!
By Hootch Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:39 am
Hootch wrote:Hi enForcers,

I downloaded 50-60 samples from Splice (mostly drum loops or one-shots), and about half of them won't load. They all have the same format (.flac), and file size aren't any larger than the ones that work correctly. I do see that the ones that don't work are from the certain packs, which might be a clue. But they are the same format, so I can't figure out what prevents some of them from being recognized.

Thanks!
By Koekepan Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:49 pm
I don't use Splice at all. I don't even have an account, and I don't use the network connection on the Force, so on that front I can't help you.

However, given that you have a computer that you use for music, what happens when you copy the nonfunctional .FLAC files to the computer and transcode them with a tool such as Audacity?
By EnochLight Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:23 pm
Hootch wrote:Hi enForcers,

Thanks!

First of all, get onto a computer - either PC or Mac (doesn't matter), and run the Splice companion app and sync your files to your computer. Do they play back fine there?
By Hootch Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:22 am
EnochLight wrote:First of all, get onto a computer - either PC or Mac (doesn't matter), and run the Splice companion app and sync your files to your computer. Do they play back fine there?

That's a good thought! Yes, they all play back fine on my mac. They're appearing as .wav on my mac and the Splice site, but they appear as .flac on the Force. (btw, I moved them off the internal hard drive to my SSD, but that didn't make any difference). I guess I'll reach out to the Splice tech support - they're actually very quick to respond. I'll report back on anything I learn.

Thanks
By MPC-Tutor Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:24 am
MPC/Force is known to not support audio files containing Extensible flags, such as Bandcamp files, it might be related to this. More info:

https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/c ... ing-issue-

Or might be something else 'non standard' in there that the MPC doesn't like. It might be worth sending a few of these files to Akai. If you want to PM me a few examples (e.g. dropbox link) I will test and if I can recreate the issue will send them direct to the developers so they can see if there's anything they can tweak from the Force/MPC. Obviously with the built in Splice integration, it wouldn't be good that they don't support some of the files. Please also state which developer these files are from, this would help track the issue.

In the meantime, the easiest way to fix this is to batch re-save the files in a proper audio editor which should automatically strip the flags. Certainly works with bandcamp files.
By seiklo Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:38 am
Hi,

i have the same issue with the .flac files.
My workaround is to copy the files from my computer as .wav but the sorting does not work properly this way.
Thats just a bunch of folders even if i put them in the slice-folder on the force.
I had trouble with the loops from this creator:
https://splice.com/sounds/that-sound/ir ... y-dan-mayo
One Shots seem to work sometimes, loops not a single one.