Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By EnochLight Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:07 pm
zenguru wrote:https://cdn.inmusicbrands.com/akai/Force/Force3.1.2ReleaseNotes.pdf

Thank god they fixed the issue with saving all samples instead of changed ones... Can't wait to update. I just need to wait until my Force stops saving all the samples :roll: :lol:

Hahahah - that's awesome! :lol: I literally just came here to post it was out, and low and behold - you beat me to the punch. Glad to see Akai get this hotfix out - that save bug was driving me literally crazy.

Good stuff in there:

Stability and reliability
ALS Import
• Importing projects from Ableton Live now accounts for user’s Disk Streaming setting
Automation
• Automation written for XYFX’s Enable parameter will now play back correctly
• Grid automation lane name field now updates correctly when changing modes
Arrange
• A crash will no longer occur when selecting the Output 1/2 track header in the
Arrange view
Macros
• Unwanted parameters no longer arrive when copying existing macro parameters to
Track FX Rack
• Track and Track FX mode macros will now populate OLEDs correctly when reloaded
Saving and Loading
• Samples are no longer overwritten when saving a project without making edits

Not so good stuff in there:

Known issues
• When a clip is looping, repeatedly recording short notes over one another can cause notes'
on/off states to be incorrect, resulting in longer notes being sequenced than were recorded
• When time stretching a sample in Sample Edit, a portion of the end of the audio generated
is cut off
• When a user’s Audio Device Inputs/Outputs preference is set to 32, a hard freeze can occur
when manipulating AIR Filter’s Cutoff parameter via a Pad or XY macro control, when that
insert effect exists on an Output channel
By DokBrown Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:08 pm
I sincerely hope that AKAI FORCE BIBLE is coming. This piece of hardware is clearly on its way to becoming a KEEPER
By EnochLight Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:51 am
Dude... it was a KEEPER a long time ago! :nod: :worthy:
By misterflibble Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:05 pm
Glad they’re shipping patches, but I was disappointed not to see a fix for the USB audio interface issues. That feature is buggy with the pops and clicks on recording. Can’t wait for them to get it working smoothly.
By EnochLight Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:42 pm
misterflibble wrote:Glad they’re shipping patches, but I was disappointed not to see a fix for the USB audio interface issues. That feature is buggy with the pops and clicks on recording. Can’t wait for them to get it working smoothly.

Guess it depends on the interface you're using. With my RME Babyface Pro, it's rock solid clear and smooth.
By misterflibble Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:21 pm
EnochLight wrote:
misterflibble wrote:Glad they’re shipping patches, but I was disappointed not to see a fix for the USB audio interface issues. That feature is buggy with the pops and clicks on recording. Can’t wait for them to get it working smoothly.

Guess it depends on the interface you're using. With my RME Babyface Pro, it's rock solid clear and smooth.

Lucky you :) It is absolutely dependent on the audio interface in use. But the point is that you can buy all sorts of class-compliant interfaces for use with a PC/Mac, and broadly speaking, they either "just work", or there are enough setting configuration options to make them work smoothly. The support in the MPC/Force right now is so limited, and it seems that the majority of interfaces have issues of some kind based on all informal polling both in this forum and on Reddit. It's a shame, because this is an absolutely killer feature. I'd be happy with either patched firmware/more options to get a wider selection of interfaces working smoothly, or a list of supported and qualified interfaces from Akai that they've confirmed support for.
By Tuqaer Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:54 pm
hi i have a problem after the firmware update. after about 30 minutes of playing it stops automatically. Do you have any idea where the mistake is?
By Koekepan Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:17 pm
That sounds to me like the thing where it runs through the number of measures in the arrangement, then stops.

I mean, it's possible that something else is going on. Did you time it, and check the arranger view to compare?
By entropy_disorder Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:08 am
Happy New Year guys!

I bought the Force to replace laptop. I play the backing track for a band, so I want to know if the current Akai Force is able to import the SCENE BPM setting from Ableton Project, and launch with specified BPM from different scene??

Much appreciated if you can show me or any workaround~
By gab3s Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:12 pm
entropy_disorder wrote:Happy New Year guys!

I bought the Force to replace laptop. I play the backing track for a band, so I want to know if the current Akai Force is able to import the SCENE BPM setting from Ableton Project, and launch with specified BPM from different scene??

Much appreciated if you can show me or any workaround~

hello
no it can't, you have to change the BPM manually before you launch the scene