Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By ADCT Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:53 am
G'day all,
Newby here. I've had a look through previous posts here and elsewhere to see if I can find a fix but alas.... Anyhoo, trying to import an ableton set (very small, just 3 small clips) into the force via USB. Done the collect all and save, loaded the .als onto the stick and the .als is visible in the force file menu. Problem is when I load it, it tell me "sample not found, resolving the issue will remove all references for the sample". It them loads the clips empty. I'm sure I'm doing something super dumb here but after hours of trying to solve and looking for answers this thing has launched a major offensive at doing my head in. Anybody know what could be wrong?
By EnochLight Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:03 pm
ADCT wrote:G'day all,
Newby here. I've had a look through previous posts here and elsewhere to see if I can find a fix but alas.... Anyhoo, trying to import an ableton set (very small, just 3 small clips) into the force via USB. Done the collect all and save, loaded the .als onto the stick and the .als is visible in the force file menu. Problem is when I load it, it tell me "sample not found, resolving the issue will remove all references for the sample". It them loads the clips empty. I'm sure I'm doing something super dumb here but after hours of trying to solve and looking for answers this thing has launched a major offensive at doing my head in. Anybody know what could be wrong?

Are you on the latest Force Firmware 3.1.2?
By ADCT Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:33 am
EnochLight wrote:

Are you on the latest Force Firmware 3.1.2?[/quote]

I'm using 3.1.1
By ADCT Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:34 am
nori wrote:Have you copied the samples as well or just .als file?

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209775645

I did the collect all and save thing but the .als file is like 11kp so can't be the actual samples. I had thought using collect all and save would put them all in the same place, but that does not seem to be the case.
By ADCT Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:41 am
so I tested transferring the set to another pc running ableton and it loads fine. So its not an ableton issue, just seems like the akai unit can't open it. Anyhow, thanks for your help, looks like I'll have to return this force as its faulty.
By EnochLight Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:16 pm
ADCT wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
Are you on the latest Force Firmware 3.1.2?

I'm using 3.1.1

3.1.1 is not the latest. 3.1.2 includes some ALS import fixes. It's in your Akai account - I'd recommend you upgrade and see if the problem persists.

ADCT wrote:so I tested transferring the set to another pc running ableton and it loads fine. So its not an ableton issue, just seems like the akai unit can't open it. Anyhow, thanks for your help, looks like I'll have to return this force as its faulty.

Where did the samples come from? If it's part of Ableton's stock library or you have all of your samples in both locations, then of course it would open fine on any other computer with Ableton Live installed on it...
By ADCT Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:08 pm
problem (sort of) solved! Used SD card instead of USB and it all worked as it should
By Cam10 Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:14 am
I just ran into this issue. Which version of Ableton are you using? Did you resolve? I am using Ableton 11 on mac. It looks like the Force has an issue finding samples outside of the Samples >> Imported Folder. For me some of my samples would load. These were the ones under [Ableton Project Name] >> Samples >> Imported. Some samples were under [Ableton Project Name]>>Samples>>Processed>Crop. Moving these to Samples>>Imported resolved the issue and the Force was able to load the Samples. I'm not sure if this is a bug in general or when using Force with Ableton 11.
By mcoc Sat May 07, 2022 8:19 am
I can confirm this problem with missing samples.
I am using Ableton Live 11.1.1 on Mac Catalina. Importing an ALS-File made problems with finding the samples for the drum rack. Copying the samples from >Samples>>Processed>Crop into > Samples >> Imported helped. Thanks for the hint! Seem to be a bug from Ableton.
By devilwidget Sat May 07, 2022 5:56 pm
Force doesn't seem capable of understanding there are multiple sample folders in a Ableton project. You have to manually move them all into the 'samples - imported' folder (or make one) and then it loads fine.
By Cam10 Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:31 am
Please consider filing a support ticket with Akai. The more people that write about this the better. I hope it will be fixed in the future. It is annoying that we still have to do this.
By kaburdacus Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:36 pm
I bought an Akai Force a few weeks back and this is the problem im having.

I saved on Ableton 'Collect all and Save'
i then transferred folder to usb to plug into force.
Opened file to see clips there 9On Force) and the arranged song in arrangement view but no audio?

i watched numerous videos on youtube but nothing seems to help.

Any ideas? Please
By Ultros Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:17 pm
I'd suspect the format of the audio files. What type did you export them too, what bitdepth and rate? Try exporting again and use 16 or 24 bit depth and 48000 for audio rate.