Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By MC242 Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:13 am
Okay, this might seem a strange question but maybe there is more to it.
My Akai Force doesn't have the MCS - Multicore System sticker.
So can anyone please tell me why some units have the sticker and others don't?
It's not that it has been peeled off. It has never been there.
Thank you!
By EnochLight Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:49 am
MC242 wrote:Okay, this might seem a strange question but maybe there is more to it.
My Akai Force doesn't have the MCS - Multicore System sticker.
So can anyone please tell me why some units have the sticker and others don't?
It's not that it has been peeled off. It has never been there.
Thank you!

I bought my Force earlier this year (brand new), and it doesn't have the sticker either. Neither does my MPC Live II. I'm totally fine with that, as I always thought the sticker was stupid (it was even crooked on my first-gen MPC Live)! :nod: :lol:

By EnochLight Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:47 pm
MC242 wrote:It is indeed stupid. And I don’t really miss it.
I‘m just curious what’s it all about.

I'm sure it was just a marketing ploy in the early days (the MPC Touch didn't have any CPU to speak of at all really, so when the standalone Live and X appeared (and later the Force), they wanted to tout the fact they all had "multicore CPU"). Now, it's not really a big deal, especially seeing as how the SoC they all use is showing its age and pretty long in the tooth.

MC242 wrote:And yes, Front 242 is one of my favorite bands. Headhunter is :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Nice! I've seen them a few times live (mostly back during their heyday in the late 80's and early 90's). I've been playing this game with a buddy of mine for about 30 years - whenever we see the number sequence "242" appear in our daily lives, we take a photo and send it to each other. Now my kid is playing it! Lol :nod:
By MC242 Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:57 pm
I'm sure it was just a marketing ploy in the early days (the MPC Touch didn't have any CPU to speak of at all really, so when the standalone Live and X appeared (and later the Force), they wanted to tout the fact they all had "multicore CPU"). Now, it's not really a big deal, especially seeing as how the SoC they all use is showing its age and pretty long in the tooth.

Ok, I see. Yeah maybe they ran out of stickers and it really has no deeper sense. :)

That’s a nice story with the 242 pictures you and your kids are sending. On Facebook I’m in a group called „Front 242 is everywhere.“ They do the same thing there all day long. :lol:
By Ultros Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:14 pm
That's a sticker that doesnt mean anything. What computer, especially arm computer has been built in the last oh.. 8 - 10 years -with a single core?

I'm mildly confused as to why they would badge it with that rather than "powered by rockchip" or something.

What that little badge doesnt tell you is its 32bit..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockchip_RK3288

MCS sticker means nothing, peel it!