Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Silver127 Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:15 am
Hi !
My problem is simple :
I want to use a instrument with audio midi on usb out into the Force, and then that the sounds goes to the physical outs of the Force.

Instrument audio >> usb audio >> Force usb inputs >> Force physical outputs >>>> monitors

I tried different approachs :
1. Just make an audio track ? Don't recognize sound
2. Select as usb audio interface ? Of course it did't work, because now the sound of the Force tries to comes out in my instrument
3. Try to configure I/O in mixer ? In the IN there are only physical Ins, and in the OUT, if I select as audio interface, there's no way the sound will comes back to the physical outputs.

So, here I am.
If someone have an idea, or even a solution, I'll take anything :-)

Nice day ;-)
By MPC-Tutor Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:41 am
To clarify, you have an instrument (perhaps tells us what instrument) with USB MIDI support, and you want the sound of that instrument to be routed back into the Force via an audio track, while being triggered by MIDI? If so:

Connect the instrument's USB B (square port) to one of the USB A (slot port) on the Force
Go to Preferences > MIDI to check it is configured correctly
Configure a MIDI track to send MIDI to the instrument (i.e the USB connection)
Connect instrument audio out into Force audio in
Configure audio track to record from the same audio ins
Set track 'monitor' setting to AUTO or ON.