Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By 64hz Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:20 am
Does anyone have this and are you willing to send it to me? :worthy:
By Just_Pierre Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:58 pm
64hz wrote:Does anyone have this and are you willing to send it to me? :worthy:

I own it but IMO it is not allowed to distribute it. You need to contact Akai or the seller. I also got the recovery software that way. Good luck!

btw.....what's wrong with your Force?
By 64hz Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:13 pm
AKAI won't respond to my request since I bought it second hand. Previous owner deleted stuff from the internal and now my force is very unstable. It shuts down unexpectedly, plugins won't load correctly etc.

I won't tell AKAI you send it to me. :oops: :wink:
By Just_Pierre Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:40 pm
64hz wrote:AKAI won't respond to my request since I bought it second hand. Previous owner deleted stuff from the internal and now my force is very unstable. It shuts down unexpectedly, plugins won't load correctly etc.

I won't tell AKAI you send it to me. :oops: :wink:

No, I'm very sorry. But via Akai is the only way. Why don't you contact the seller and ask him to contact Akai?

Do you have the invoice?
By 64hz Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:28 pm
No I don't have the invoice and a unresponsive seller. :( I asked on 4 different places and you're actually the first one to respond who actually has the files. I can understand it but I'll plead one last time if you can send it to me. If not it's ok.
By Just_Pierre Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:17 pm
64hz wrote:No I don't have the invoice and a unresponsive seller. :( I asked on 4 different places and you're actually the first one to respond who actually has the files. I can understand it but I'll plead one last time if you can send it to me. If not it's ok.

I'm really very sorry, but i'm not allowed to send the files. They are copyrighted.

Try to get the original invoice, Akai will help help you out.

btw.....how and where did you buy the Akai Force? You did not test it before buying?
By 64hz Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:20 am
I just got it send over from the seller. Hard lesson for me after buying and selling loads of used gear, the past isn't a guarantee for the future lol.

Thank to a AKAI service rep that just sked for my email without any questions I'm getting the files in my mail shortly. Thanks for helping out and thinking this over with me. :worthy:
By misterflibble Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:28 pm
Sorry for being dumb, but what is the Force Recovery File? I don't remember getting anything like this with my Force when I received it.
By 64hz Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:21 pm
misterflibble wrote:Sorry for being dumb, but what is the Force Recovery File? I don't remember getting anything like this with my Force when I received it.

Recovery file isnt the right wording. It's a factory content file. It enables you to reset your force to default as it came out the box.
By EnochLight Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:54 pm
64hz wrote:Thank to a AKAI service rep that just sked for my email without any questions I'm getting the files in my mail shortly. Thanks for helping out and thinking this over with me. :worthy:

Please let us know if running the restoration file alleviates the issues you've been having! :popcorn:
By 64hz Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:56 pm
Small problem, the link he provided isn't working for me but I'm sure it's just a little hiccup. :lol:
By EnochLight Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:45 am
64hz wrote:Small problem, the link he provided isn't working for me but I'm sure it's just a little hiccup. :lol:

Yikes! That sucks. Well, at least he didn't link you to THIS! :wink:
By 64hz Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:22 am
Man I knew it before I clicked. :Sigh: :lol:
By 64hz Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:22 am
All my problems seem to be fixed after running the file. Dunno what the previous owner thought but please don't delete stuff from the internal guys and girls. :lol:
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:40 am
I do wonder what actually causes this, I can't believe it's looking for the entire factory library and freaking out when it can't find it. I suspect it's perhaps just looking for the folder structure and maybe the actual content itself (projects, wavs etc) isn't required. Not willing to test this though :)