Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By misterflibble Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:08 pm
In Force 3.1.2 (and possibly 3.1.0, I didn't check before I upgraded), sample length maxes out at 60:00.

Does anybody know why this is the case? Is this also the case for the max length of any given audio track recorded in Force? I was recording a DJ mix off YouTube into my Force using the sampler rather than recording into an audio clip, for no particular reason other than I just opened the sampler first since this is what I used to do on my MPC when recording stuff into it, so I don't know if there is the same 60:00 limit for both audio tracks and samples in Force. But since (AFAIK) both Force and MPC treat audio as samples at the end of the day regardless of whether that audio was recorded into a track or the sampler, I'm imagining that the max length is the same no matter how you initiate recording.

If there is a limit, I'm curious as to why since we now have disk streaming. I would have thought I would be able to record to the limit of available space on the internal SSD storage used for my scratch/temp drive.

The Force 3.1.0 manual doesn't say anything about recording limits except for having the old info in there about the limit being 15:59, which is no longer true on the latest firmware since it now allows you to crank it to 60:00.