Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Drew Hamlett Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:42 pm
Can clips be reused across scenes like in the Maschine (patterns)? I was watching a full tutorial today and the person did something that kind of worried me, they copied a clip several times into individual scenes. Does that mean if they edit one clip it edits all of them or is it just editing the individual clip? I'm looking over the manual and I can't seem to find the answer.
By misterflibble Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:55 pm
Drew Hamlett wrote:Can clips be reused across scenes like in the Maschine (patterns)? I was watching a full tutorial today and the person did something that kind of worried me, they copied a clip several times into individual scenes. Does that mean if they edit one clip it edits all of them or is it just editing the individual clip? I'm looking over the manual and I can't seem to find the answer.

This one is easy to figure out by just trying it yourself :) But to save you the trouble: clip copies are discrete. If you edit one of them, you only edit that one and not the others.