Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By fachex Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:11 pm
Hello Akai Force lovers! I am coming from the world of NI M+ and I regret not buying the Force earlier. I just got it this week. But there is one thing I can't find an answer for.
On the MPC ONE and Maschine +, you can see the chords on the screen. I don't know if it this is possible on the Force. Does anybody know how to do this? Is it possible at all? Any video tutorial recommending on how to create custom chords?

Thanks
By Koekepan Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:56 pm
If you're talking about the piano roll view, you can look at a clip while you're recording into it, and you'll see the piano roll.

Is that what you meant?
By SuperKonquer Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:19 am
I understand what you are saying because it bugs me as well. In pad performance mode you don't get a screen layout of the chords and notes like you do in the MPC line. I understand that there are more pads but we dont need Giant blocks of letters. Smaller text with appropriate sized buttons would do.
By 64hz Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:00 pm
SuperKonquer wrote:I understand what you are saying because it bugs me as well. In pad performance mode you don't get a screen layout of the chords and notes like you do in the MPC line. I understand that there are more pads but we dont need Giant blocks of letters. Smaller text with appropriate sized buttons would do.

This is fastly becoming my biggest complaint with the force. Fix this please AKAI.
By zt5um Tue May 31, 2022 3:48 pm
Another one here to say this is a big peeve.

It is also very unintuitvive to not know what notes you're playing when playing on the isometric keybed in any mode/scale.

A simple icon showing the note you're pressing on screen, and if you're playing a chord it would show the chord would make everything so much more playable
By 64hz Tue May 31, 2022 10:50 pm
zt5um wrote:Another one here to say this is a big peeve.

It is also very unintuitvive to not know what notes you're playing when playing on the isometric keybed in any mode/scale.

A simple icon showing the note you're pressing on screen, and if you're playing a chord it would show the chord would make everything so much more playable

While I still think there should be a pad performance short cut in the menu I could live with this. Especially when playing progressions it's very annoying not knowing what your playing.