Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By scooter76 Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:10 am
When sending an external input to the Force it gets paused/muted when I press the shift or delete buttons. When I have the arp enabled, pushing shift does a beat-repeat effect. Actually kinda interesting to play with, but not by design I hope lol. https://drive.google.com/file/d/17LULkG ... sp=sharing

This is happening to external sequencing (Torso T-1, Launchpad Pro Mk3) of both plugins (Hype) and outboard sound sources (Rytm).

I've fed the Force to a midi monitor, nothing coming from the shift button.

Empty project, and Force trs midi being used only.

My Google-fu has found nothing. Perhaps it's lacking, because I can't imagine this is a bug that's been overlooked. Hoping I just have something set wrong, but what the heck setting would do this????
By scooter76 Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:46 am
Solved: The 'remote' button was on next to the Force midi input in the midi/sync menu. I don't use it for Live, but do the Force's midi in's still work while in Live control mode? If so, 'tis a bug I guess.
By misterflibble Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:54 pm
scooter76 wrote:Solved: The 'remote' button was on next to the Force midi input in the midi/sync menu. I don't use it for Live, but do the Force's midi in's still work while in Live control mode? If so, 'tis a bug I guess.

Why would pressing SHIFT cause this behavior when REMOTE is turned on for a midi port, though?