Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Just_Pierre Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:26 pm
New Firmware (V3.1.3) released:

Stability and reliability

Audio/MIDI Device

• A hard freeze will no longer occur when a user’s Audio Device Inputs/Outputs preference is set to 32 and the user manipulates AIR Filter’s Cutoff parameter via a Pad or XY Macro control, when that insert effect exists on an Output Channel

Sample Edit

• Audio at the end of a sample is no longer cut off when time stretching a sample in Sample Edit

Tracks - MIDI

• When recording into a looping clip where short notes are repeated, note on/off are now recorded correctly

Channel Mixer

• MIDI channel faders have been updated cosmetically to match the other tracks

Known issues

• Loading a track created and saved in releases before version 3.1 will appear to have no audio data in clips
By dnkygirl Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:30 pm
I am very impressed with Akai's dev team. They are good at building new tech into hardware. Most all the things we have asked for they have been able to add to this one device. We didn't have to wait for them to hardware build a new machine. Once they add a new feature you can expect some bugs but they are even getting better at bug fixes. Honestly I can't wait to see the future of this device. It took them 3 years to get us to this point. So I'm sure whatever is next will have the same amount of time to perfect. I hope they learned to not release things in beta thou.. that was the only thing that they should not have done with this machine. The rush to market with an unproven device that thousands of people will be pounding on and using differently requires that you put in the research on what you are creating.
By EnochLight Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:06 am
dnkygirl wrote:I am very impressed with Akai's dev team. .

Yeah to be frank - they're freak'n AWESOME. Say what you will about the Force (or even MPC) at launch, but what they've accomplished and added since then - FOR FREE TO US USERS - is nothing short of mind boggling. No other platform like this exists in the music industry. Roland dumped on their Aria line; Novation, Elektron, Native Instruments - none of them can hold a candle to what Akai has accomplished. Force FTW!!! :worthy: :smoker:
By althemusicwizard Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:32 pm
Agreed!
I bought the Forse originally, then returned it, only to buy it again after the updates, namely streaming and USB compliance. I have been totally happy.

Where do I submit software update requests. One that I think is vitally needed as a product that is based on sampling, is the ability to enter the samples natural 'release' envelope after a looped section. Apparently, this has been overlooked in the FORCE? I'm presuming the MPCs can still do this?
By Koekepan Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:47 pm
If you want to make feature proposals, you should probably go to the official Akai Professional forum and make them there. This is an unaffiliated board.
By MPC-Tutor Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:20 pm
Koekepan wrote:If you want to make feature proposals, you should probably go to the official Akai Professional forum and make them there. This is an unaffiliated board.

There is no official Akai forum anymore, but I would suggest feature requests are sent direct to Akai via their support page:

https://www.akaipro.com/support
By Koekepan Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:14 am
Huh, I missed that memo.

Probably because I was never on it.

Well, whatever the reason was, I guess the support link makes as much sense as anything now.
By SnowMetal Fri May 27, 2022 8:13 pm
Anyone have an idea where to download the "new plugin instruments" after upgrade? Apparently, Akai got their website built on Fiverr, and there is no clear direction. Searching Google gets me nowhere. There is talk of a link somewhere in this forum, but numerous searches have also yielded nothing. :)

Thank you!
By Xenosoul Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:33 am
It in the force section, took me a minute to figure out, but make sure you copy the files to an sd or the internal hd (if you have one). It doesnt install on the internal hardware.
By SnowMetal Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:10 pm
Thank you for your help, guys. I should have let you know, I found it on the same day I posted. Basically, I was looking on the Akai Force downloads page, where I got my firmware upgrade, and not logged-in on the InMusic website.