Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By BE_YOURSELF Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:15 pm
Hi, I wish use my Ipad as an external sound module. So in the Force, I created 8 midi tracks (1 to 8). In the Ipad, I created a project in Cubasis containing 8 midi tracks in which I putted an instrument (Moog Minimoog app). I mapped the 8 Force rotating knobs with 8 rotating button in MInimoog App.
I can play and record midi clips on the Force and execute the synth in the Ipad as a synth with many parts (like a Virus Ti2 for example)
Everything is working fine.
Till now, sound come back in the Force via the Sampler. Is it possible to send the Ipad Sound in 8 audio tracks in the Force through USB ?
By Koekepan Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:14 pm
Yes - if and only if the iPad presents itself as a class compliant audio interface.

Otherwise, you need a USB audio interface for the Force (which I do, and a bunch of other people do).

There are a couple of threads about compatible interfaces, look around. I went with the Behringer UMC1820.
By BE_YOURSELF Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:26 pm
Hi, It seems that Iconnectivity PlayAudio12 is class compliant and allow 4 audio channels through USB. Does anyone use this ?
It also seems that RME Digiface can be used between 2 computers or 1 computer + 1 tab. But I did not find if it has USB Audio Class Compliant ?