Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Samsimon Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:47 pm
Can any tell me if you can replace the internal audio in/out card of an Akai Force. Or has it got back the to manufacture for repair?
Whilst using the Force I switched mic leads which caused a loud feed back noise. After which the Force had no audio in or out, even head phone socket not working???
I take it it’s blown something within the internal sound card board??
If anyone has an idea, it would be a great help!!

Cheers

:)
By misterflibble Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:38 am
Samsimon wrote:Can any tell me if you can replace the internal audio in/out card of an Akai Force. Or has it got back the to manufacture for repair?
Whilst using the Force I switched mic leads which caused a loud feed back noise. After which the Force had no audio in or out, even head phone socket not working???
I take it it’s blown something within the internal sound card board??
If anyone has an idea, it would be a great help!!

Cheers

:)

Sorry about your bad luck. This is apparently a known issue with the Force, I read about it on a forum. Once you blow the sound card, you have to have Akai fix it or use an external USB interface.

Were you using phantom power or a dynamic mic? Do you know if you had the phantom power switch turned on?