Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Jan Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:04 am
Hi, I imported MIDI which contains command Mod Type Sustain On/Off commands. When the last played command in a clip is Sustain On/Off set to 0, the note keeps playing even after this clip is stopped. Ok I would understand that.
When I start another clip and it one ends, still its last note plays indefinitely, this starts to be annoying and definitely not desirable behavior.
When I press Stop All, the note keeps playing, which clearly is a bug.
Only STOP button at the top stop all .. ugh finally.

Proposed solution: the sustain should be kept only until next clip of a track is launched. Some outoreset can be considered.

And while you at it, please give me the option to set velocity numerical value for more notes in a list at once. Editing MIDI on Force is still painful and moving to Ableton back and fort is clumsy and sometimes weirs sh*t like these sustains is added.

Thank and keep up the great work
By Koekepan Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:30 am
Just to make sure that you know:

this isn't an official Akai Pro forum, it's a forum run by/for the guy who does the MPC bibles. It's a great forum, and there are many experienced people here, but if you want to file a bug with Akai, best contact them. They don't (as far as we know) monitor these forum pages at all.

As far as the sustain behaviour is concerned, I believe that that is actually intended. If you set a note to sustain, and there is no note-off message ... it will sustain. If you don't launch another clip that contains a note-off message, there won't be any such message. If you press Stop All, what you're stopping is clips, and things such as reverb tails will continue.

Basically, what you're describing is what you would expect, if you know how MIDI works.