Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By zengel Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:12 pm
Hello ! I tried to use the Midi tracks of the force with macro in "track" mode to send and receive Midi CC.
But the force send back immediatly each midi data from Ableton .
I tried since days to find a way to make use of it without feedback looping.
The only way i found was to arm or not the track on the force where i want CC to be sent or received.
But when i do that CC are not updated on the force when there are automation going on live.
and if i arm again the track the feedback deactivate the automation in live regarding the CC used.
That's really annoying as the akai force is the only remote control i found with custom CC assignement to knobs AND with an lcd to show you what you want !!
Does anyone know something about how to make the akai force not having midi loop feedback in this configuration ?
I also tried by assigning CC from ableton to control internal plugins like the bassline LPfilter with CC20 (for exqmple) . then i hopped that if i assign the lp cutoff to a macro it would works correctly without this feedback loop . but no. it just dooes not send midi feedback when moving the macro .
help ? or does the akai force manage midi signals less good than a classic remote control ? and it need certainly an update for that ?

...and no, i don't want to use the midi remote script for lots of reasons even if it's a good one. thanks :-D