Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By BE_YOURSELF Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:25 am
Hi,
I connect my Force into an Iconnectivity Audio 4C audio interface (USB midi & audio).
Then the audio interface is connected to my daw (Bitwig) in my laptop (Windows 10) through USC C.
It works well but I have a Midi Delay (around 88/89 ms).

Even after Midi delay correction, the begin of my first kick is partly cutted. Would I change something in Akai Force, in Bitwig or is it a problem from the audio interface ?
By BE_YOURSELF Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:10 am
Thanks. It was the solution. My kick is not cutted anymore when I insert a scene with a blank clip and later launch my second scene which contains a clip with my kick. First kick is not cutted.
But 88.5 ms midi latency is it really too much ?
By Lampdog Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:58 pm
Gear needs time to sync up to each other. This same thing has been talked about here on the forums for decades.
By tomatoattack Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:28 am
BE_YOURSELF wrote:Hi,
I connect my Force into an Iconnectivity Audio 4C audio interface (USB midi & audio).
Then the audio interface is connected to my daw (Bitwig) in my laptop (Windows 10) through USC C.
It works well but I have a Midi Delay (around 88/89 ms).

Even after Midi delay correction, the begin of my first kick is partly cutted. Would I change something in Akai Force, in Bitwig or is it a problem from the audio interface ?

I am trying to learn the AKAI Force USB Class compliant feature so I joined this forum and I am reading a lot.
One thing is extremely confusing to me. I understand that if I plug in a Class Compliant device into Force, then inputs and outputs on the interface are being used to route signals into the Force (or out).
And I understand that once you do that, you then somehow need to route signals out of the interface HW outs to the computer or HW mixer for further processing.

The key point where I am confused about (and about your response) is how in the world are you able to connect your interface to Bitwig (or any other DAW) - if you are already using a USB connection to connect interface to the Force????

The way I see it - All USB interfaces have just one USB cable which is then connected to a Host. I mean computer or in this case Force.

But if you connected it to the Force how is it possible to connect your interface to a DAW since Force is already occupying one single available USB connection??

Very confused here..
By JB101 Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:54 pm
Iconnect 4/4+/4c/PlayAudio 12 audio interfaces are dual host usb . You can have it connected to a device and a computer with a DAW or 2 computers. People use them for live play where you may need redundancy in case a device fails there would be a second duplicate set the kicks in.
By Lampdog Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:07 pm
BE_YOURSELF wrote:Thanks. It was the solution. My kick is not cutted anymore when I insert a scene with a blank clip and later launch my second scene which contains a clip with my kick. First kick is not cutted.
But 88.5 ms midi latency is it really too much ?

Also check/play around with buffer settings.

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/which-buffer-size-setting-should-i-use-in-my-daw/#
By zangetsu01 Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:42 pm
@Be_Yourself,

I keep getting pops and clicks during playback when I use my audio4C. It’s brand new. I bought it back in December and had to put it on a shelf because I couldn’t get past this hoping that a update on Akai’s side would fix it. How is your experience? And what is your setup? I’ve tried everything I could find on the internet but I’m still getting pops and clicks.
By zangetsu01 Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:13 am
dryad-66 wrote:Ive got the same interface.I know there were some issues with Maschine + Seems like its not ready for prime time.Might have to rethink that one.Apart from that its a great sounding unit.Use it with my MacBook and ipad all the time.

Yes it is. When it’s connected to the computer everything thing works as it should but when connected to the MPC/Akai Force I keep getting those pops and clicks.

Have you tried it with the Force? I would love for this to work.