Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By allmyfriendsaresynths Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:42 pm
Hello.

I want to improvise with samples on a particular track (a drum track with a bunch of chopped vocals in there), and have what I play recorded into the Arrangement View. However, it doesn't seem like the Arrangement View responds to Notes - only Clips. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for the help!
By dnkygirl Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:14 pm
I just experienced this issue last night. The fix is make sure the clip lanes record button is selected. Then do the normal record button hold down then select record to arrangement. You should see the note data for that track. I was doing the same thing and was getting frustrated until I started looking at the track and noticed that the record button was off. I also was trying to start recording by hitting launcher but that’s wrong. You can use the play button to start or select a clip button.
By Koekepan Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:41 pm
Yup, that's how I do it: select the track, make sure it's armed for recording, hold down record and pick record to arrangement. Hit play, and ... there you go!

(And if you're me, shortly thereafter curse your weak skills.)