Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By allreddv Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:41 am
I am having trouble working the Force into my system. I have a bit of a complicated setup with many synths. Ideally I would have liked the Force to receive midi clock from my TR8-s but kept having recording issues on the Force receiving "Recording stopped due to unsupported tempo change". I couldn't find a solution.

So I have now setup the Force as the midi clock for the whole setup which solved the recording issue.

However, I can't get Ableton to receive midi from the Force. I have the Akai Network Midi installed and connected to the Force. If I go to Control on Force it is connected to Ableton and I can launch clips etc in Ableton. But what I want is for Ableton to receive midi clock from the Force which I can't seem to do.

I am not using Ableton Link because if I choose the force to send Ableton Link then I can no longer have it send midi clock which is what I need for the rest of the setup.

Anyone know how to get Ableton and Force to send and receive midi from each other?
By Djd9991 Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:39 pm
allreddv wrote:Solved, I guess I was wrong, you can have Ableton Link on as receiving and also send midi clock.
so how did you fix this? What are your settings in ableton and on the force? I can't seem to get the midi clock synced