Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By velvetico Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:56 pm
Hello everyone!

I'm preparing a live set with my Akai Force, where I will use both Audio tracks, like sample and loops, complete tracks (mastered and released) and Midi ones.

The master output of my Akai is missing a lot of sub frequencies. There's like a cut till 40-50hz and so the track are playing very thin and look like filtered.
When I play the same song in Ableton (or wherever) I have all the presence and the frequencies that are missing .

Do you know if I can fix this inside my Akai Force? Can you help me?
Thanks in advance!!
By Lampdog Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:55 pm
Checkout your master output efx. Program or pad efx.
Any env filters applied on programs or pads?

What have you tried or looked at?

On master output (eyeball in main menu), what’s in the black efx box, the 4 inserts?
By Koekepan Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:44 am
Also, ask yourself very carefully what you'll be playing through that will deliver a lot of sub below 40Hz. Very few audio systems will deliver that with any reliability? A tuned $500,000 club audio system? Even those are usually not great that low.
By DokBrown Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:15 am
Assuming the hardware outputs are not damaged.
I suggest running it thru an analog mixer & just adding some low end.
I know this is not ideal but I find a good small mixer is a key tool to keep around at all times . . . . . . . .