Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Koekepan Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:53 pm
I have seen conflicting reports on what the Force would handle in terms of track configuration (aside from obvious CPU/RAM limitations).

So I decided to FA and FO. (Those who know, know.)

The Force let me add:

8 plugin tracks + 8 audio tracks

This is important, because I'd seen claims that audio tracks and plugin tracks somehow restricted each other; this may have been a misreading of some documentation? I don't know, but this little boxed electronic orchestra offers me 8 stereo tracks and 8 plugin tracks - but wait, there's more!

I could add > 64 (I didn't try to max it out) each of keygroup or drum tracks. This is in addition to the audio and plugin tracks above. Given that each drum track is basically a 128 sample playback machine in its own right, with per-sample effects and playback options, this is ridiculous power. Add that keygroups are a cool way of expanding the sound range with instruments that don't have to be too flexible in playback, and suddenly it looks monumental.

And all this is even before checking the CV/Gate interfaces, or the MIDI channel capabilities.

Don't know how many people knew, or didn't know this. Just bringing it up for the record.
By Koekepan Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:19 pm
You may be right, but I've seen some suggestions that the audio tracks and plugin tracks somehow conflicted with each other. It might just have been sloppy speech or writing, but I wanted to pin that down and test it - so I did!