Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By I_love_ghosts Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:41 pm
Hi, guys, i have force with 3.1.3 firmware and i have strange trouble:
Almost all samples (pre-installed and my from external SSD) sounds like under distortion in new clear project.
In-build synths have crystall clear sound, only samples and loops wheezing, especially bass drums samples\loops.
I trying make volume below (audience button), but it didn't help...
Vintage mode in options is off and mixer's slots don't contain any FXs. :hmmm:

I newbee with this magic box and can miss something... :Sigh:
What i must check before going in warranty service?
Thanks in advance! :worthy:
By Koekepan Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:25 am
OK, this doesn't sound like a broken system problem to me, but some kind of configuration problem.

Try a couple of tests:

pick a sample that sounds distorted. Make a copy of it, edit the copy. Normalise it, see if that changes things.

Are the samples configured to 44.1KHz? Is it possibly a format mismatch problem? What happens if you reformat the samples?

What happens if you try transferring the samples from a computer?

See if anything there gives you insights, and let us know.
By I_love_ghosts Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:15 pm
Koekepan wrote:Are the samples configured to 44.1KHz?

Yes, off course!

Koekepan wrote:What happens if you try transferring the samples from a computer?

I transfer my loopmasters packs ("New Sound of Dubstep" and "Total Science DnB Lab Test Vol. 1") thru original USB-cable and all bass-contained samples sound like under overdrive/distortion.
Same story with pre-install sounds (like loop "Clip-DeepHouse-Drum-KickLp01" from tutorial video by AkaiProVideo).

I can do all in depth test only in next week, but on current moment i think this is config. trouble cause pre-build songs projects sounds ok :? (may be i just can't notice the problem due to subjective perception)
May be reason is in warp settings? I'm little confusing...