Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By nemydom Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:44 am
Hello
Sorry if it has been already mentioned, but I couldn't find it. Arturia recommends that it should be double-checked before proceeding to purchase.
Could someone, who has real experience, please confirm that
Arturia KeyStep 37 will work with AKAI Force as a midi keyboard via a USB cable, and there is no need for a power supply for the KeyStep?
So, it is only one cable going to Arturia KeyStep 37, a USB cable, nothing else.
Thanks
By Koekepan Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:04 pm
I don't have a keystep, so I can't offer personal testimony.

However, it drives everything else USB-based that I've tried on it, so it should be fine on power.
By CookieD Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:13 pm
Unfortunately I can't confirm exactly either as I don't have a Force, but I can confirm the Keystep works perfectly with the MPC One, so I'd be shocked if it didn't.
By EnochLight Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:15 pm
nemydom wrote:Hello
Sorry if it has been already mentioned, but I couldn't find it. Arturia recommends that it should be double-checked before proceeding to purchase.
Could someone, who has real experience, please confirm that
Arturia KeyStep 37 will work with AKAI Force as a midi keyboard via a USB cable, and there is no need for a power supply for the KeyStep?
So, it is only one cable going to Arturia KeyStep 37, a USB cable, nothing else.
Thanks

Yes, Arturia KeyStep 37 works fine with Akai Force over a single USB cable.