Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By entropy_disorder Tue May 10, 2022 7:27 am
Hi there!

I have been wanting to nail this technique that is easily done in daw.
I am quite noob to the audio track/loop arrangement part of Force.
It is easy to reverse a loop/sample, but the hard part is how to place it correctly in an arrangement, i.e. placing at the last bar of before the 17th/33rd bar.

On the other hand, reverse a kick, and placing it just before the next kick is also something I cannot yet figured out. Because if you are on 16th step resolution, placing a reverse sample kick on the last step (16th step) would still be too early.

Appreciate any tips! or lead to any tutorial video/manual

Thank you
By MPC-Tutor Tue May 10, 2022 8:00 am
With reversed samples you just have to turn off 'timing correct' and experiment with the placement until you achieve the perfect timing. You have 960 ticks to play with, there's no reason to be limiting yourself to 1/16th timing. Jump into LIST EDIT or just perform in real time, or 'nudge' around in grid.
By entropy_disorder Tue May 10, 2022 1:42 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:With reversed samples you just have to turn off 'timing correct' and experiment with the placement until you achieve the perfect timing. You have 960 ticks to play with, there's no reason to be limiting yourself to 1/16th timing. Jump into LIST EDIT or just perform in real time, or 'nudge' around in grid.

Thanks a lot for the tips!

How about the audio track as clip? How do you incorporate them in arrangements? rather than loop?

and oh I was thinking of using the resampled drumloop or samples in audio track, but actually i remember I saw somewhere that we can load it into sampler drum track, free the precious resource that is the audio track.