Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Koekepan Mon May 23, 2022 2:28 pm
For something which is a sample playback tool (plus synths and external controls) it's pretty logical. Your elements are samples, you lay them on a track. If they're overlapping, that's because you meant to do that. It's true to the MPC heritage, even though this isn't an MPC.

When you understand the model it's using, things fall into place pretty well.
By SnowMetal Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:45 am
Koekepan wrote:People should not use the Force to do things to which it is unsuited, and they should use suitable tools.

It's called the Force, so.. force it to do your bidding. Put the samples you want to crossfade on two tracks and automate the volume changes. Resample. Deed is done.
By Koekepan Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:32 am
Yup! Do it the Force way. Instead of trying some other way and then being surprised when it isn't a good way.

I don't use a ferrari to till a field, and I don't drag race a tractor.
By Samforce Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:19 am
I was looking for the same problem, overlapping is really needed for a lots of musics and it should be easy to implement it in the Force for Akai. I found a way to bypass this problem, it is far from perfect but it works :

Solution :
- Use a drum kit with your audios on different pads.
- Remove pitch & warp, then adjust the release and eventually the attack to force the overlapping.
- So you just have to change midi notes on each clip.