Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By mpc_fan_2022 Tue May 17, 2022 12:22 pm
Not sure what you even mean.

If you are talking about something like Overbridge for the Elektron devices where you just plug the groovebox into your computer via USB and you automatically get separate incoming audio tracks corresponding to your various tracks on the the Force, then the answer is NO. You cannot do that with the Force or the MPC Live.
By Koekepan Tue May 17, 2022 1:53 pm
I'll take a swing at this one.

If you have an audio interface on your Force, and an audio interface on your computer, and you've wired outputs on the Force's interface to inputs on your computer, you could certainly use Ableton running on your computer to pick up the tracks.

But as mpc_fan_2022 said, I'm not sure what the original poster means here which is why I didn't respond earlier.
By entropy_disorder Thu May 19, 2022 3:28 am
The youtuber replied me!

Entropy Disorder:

“So with the MPC app, you can directly multitrack onto Ableton? Does it work while the Force is connected with a class compliant audio interface with extra in/out?”

Slump House Ent :

“Yes you can route it. All the units are running through the interface in/out. i will be make a more detail video soon . i did this one quik so I wouldn't waste people time. But I do have other questions as well I want to answer. so I will make a vid showing how to connect everything to make it all run together. very detail.”

Apparently, it is possible to multitrack via MPC while Force is using class compliant audio via in/out... I have still yet to test it out
By dstengle Fri May 20, 2022 1:25 pm
Just want to summarize what I know having used both the force and MPC.

First the MPC:

When in controller mode connected to a computer you (can) get:
    - A copy of the mpc software running as a VST
    - A sound card made up of the MPCs audio ports
    - Drives for SD and HD (if installed or model makes sense)
    - A USB hub for anything connected to USB ports

The VST is multi-channel, so if you have multiple tracks with different kits, plugins, etc you can route them out to different daw tracks.

The audio card inside the MPC and anything connected through USB will just become regular audio interfaces on your computer to use however you choose to.

So, depending on what you want to multi-track, either plugins or mpc tracks or external audio, you can do it but there may be some hoops to jump through.

The Force has a controller mode but no desktop software so you don't have any way to work with your projects in an integrated way with a computer.

This is where ALS import/export comes in for moving back and forth, but it can be kinda clunky especially since I have external hardware. It isn't that much easier with the MPC when you have external hardware. My current setup is to use the daw to record audio through my zoom mixer and I can use the the force to remote control bitwig for mixing and track recording.