Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By voonta Mon May 23, 2022 4:39 am
I just found macros, I love that I can put restrictions on how much of a parameter is controlled and can chain together commands, however, I can't seem to learn the macros to my midi controller.

When I press the learn button it overwrites them macro I have stored. Second to that I can't find macro's in the midi learn settings.

Specifically what I want to do is restrict the master from going above 0db on my midi controller and the only place I can find to restrict the travel of the parameter is in the macro's, or to use gain staging with a channel strip, but the channel strip method isn't working for me and just distorts the master, if there is another way to achieve it I'd love to hear your suggestion.
By Koekepan Mon May 23, 2022 2:18 pm
I don't think that you can get an external controller to drive a Macro. Sorry.

It does seem kind of logical, but as far as I'm aware it's down to knobs, fader, pads and XY.

On the other hand, maybe in a future update? It doesn't seem impossible.