Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By tomatoattack Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:00 am
Is there a way of getting the "grunge" and DAC sounds of older AKAI samplers?
I do have S6000 which is considered, let's call it "clean" and had older AKAI samplers which had let's call that "grunge" sound.

By learning from awesome forum members in this forum - Force can read AKP files I was wondering perhaps AKAI added some sort of emulation to this?

Also while I realize Force is not an S6000 and S6000 sound is "clean" to say E6400 ULTRA - my question is is there a way to get the grunge of older AKAI samplers, I mean has AKAI done something like this in the form of loading FX into a channel strip or emulation inside Froce sampler itself?

You know bitcrushing won't do much, I mean for me it's not that much convincing.

TAL Sampler has nice emulation and it they do it nicely - you can read here about the modes,
https://tal-software.com/products/tal-sampler - scroll down a bit - I tried it and it really works really convincing. I compared it to my HW samplers long time ago and it was really convincing and fun to play with.

So I was wondering if something like this was available? It's just a curiosity driven post. I am not going to complain about it if it's not there in the Force.