Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Arndt Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:23 am
Hello everybody,

I'm new to the Akai forum since I'v got my Force just a few days ago. I ran into a problem I've got when using the metronome.

What I want: I want to hear the metronome only when recording, and I want to have it with a count -in.

The problem: I go to the metronome settings and set 'Count-In' to 'Record', things are still ok. Then I try to set 'Enable' to 'Record' to just get the metronome when in recording mode (it is said so in the manual on page 70). BUT when doing so, the ON-OFF switch automatically switches to OFF, thus the metronome is switched off completely when trying to set 'Enable' to 'Record'. It only switches to 'ON' when 'Enable' is set to 'Record + Play'.

Does that mean that I can't use the metronome only when recording? That's confusing. In the manual it says that this is an option, but it doesn't work.

Any idea?
Thank you.
By kangawookiee Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:19 am
Did you ever figure this out? I think I might revert my firmware to an older version and see if this is expected behavior.