Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By tomatoattack Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:11 am
I am having a confusing experience about supposedly free Expansion packs which are delivered with my Force. I am basing my opinion on online sources so this may not be true, or perhaps this was true but not anymore. Or this is true only for owners of different MPC devices.

So at this point I came across several mentions scattered over the online forums that all MPC or Force users get to have some sort of free Expansions once they register their devices with AKAI online profiles. Here is just one of the examples from Reddit:

"If you own one of the new MPCs (Live, Live 2, One, X, Force) you get a free download from the Akai website called The Vault 2.0

There you can find 808/909/LM2 (lindrumm), etc. programs that sound pretty close to the original. They’re called vintage 8 oh eight, or other word play for the others to avoid copyright I guess. You could also download 808/909 free samples, that are all over the internet and make your own drum kit programs out of them
.``

I did that and I don't see any downloads for me. I can clearly see Force downloads such as the latest firmware etc.

When I click on VIEW DOWNLOADS in my account I can see Force firmware, SPLICE 3 months (which I don't intend to use), or SAVE 50% voucher when buying MPC expansion from them.

Where is The Vault 2.0 ?
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:23 pm
The Vault (or something similar) is already pre-installed in the Force so no need to download anything. This is the 'factory' content you see in the browser.

MPC users get it as a separate download because they can choose to install it in the MPC software on their computer. Force users don't have the MPC Software.

the other stuff (e.g. 809, the bank) is for MPC users only, again, for installing in the MPC Software.

I have a Force, there are no expansions in my inmusic account, not for the Force at least.
By tomatoattack Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:34 pm
Update..So...my brother in law , who is a drummer, has an MPC for quite some time (I didn't knew this)...

I quickly tried to compare a list of samples and patches. While I was at his home I video recorded 10 random samples and 10 random patches.

None of the samples can be found on my AKAI Force content, and none of the patches are inside.
So I called him thinking perhaps samples are the same but similarly named. No this is not the case - he sent me a few samples over the dropbox. There are no such samples on my Force.

Then we tried to pinpoint the next 4 patches and samples over the phone and none of the patches that he read could be found on my Force. I specifically paid attention to names and letters.

We spoke over the phone and he told me that the reason why those two are different is because apparently The Vault 2.0 is now a commercial product, is available for purchase thus it's not shipped with Force. Apparently he read it somewhere a long time ago.

Anyway I just wanted to point out that no, this is not available on the Force in the sense that The Vault is already shipped with Force. It is not.

Maybe there are overlapping patches and content - this is possible I just couldn't spend more time in comparing this with my Force content - but the 20+- of patches and samples that I tried to find - were most definitely not there.

Keep in mind I am not whining or complaining - I was just genuinely confused at the beginning, thinking this is free - but it seems not. And full content from The Vault - isn't available out of the box for Force.