Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By thomekh Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:18 pm
Hi, Amateur here.

Question: Create sound or plugin synth. Send it to the external effect (zoom multistomp) and then, when it come back to AF, play changed sound? If yes how can I do this? (the same track of course)
By Koekepan Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:03 pm
Not a problem.

Create your plugin track, set it up how you like it.

Create another track; an audio track.

Open the Mixer interface (hit the mixer button) and go to the I/O page.

Set the plugin to go out through output port 3, and then wired that to your pedal and back to inputs 1 and 2 (assuming stereo return), then feed your inputs into the audio track.

Give or take a few details, that should do it.
By voonta Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:03 pm
I use 2 eventide guitar pedals (timefactor & space) setup as a send/return so I can apply the effects on any channel using parallel processing, it works perfectly. The only difference is I use a Behringer 1820 interface so I can send the individual outs in stereo to each pedal, and I sum the 2 pedals together into a small 6 channel Elektron analog mixer rather than chain them.

This video outlines how to do it.
By thomekh Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:20 pm
Thank you guys. You're right both, but it's working only when my interface (scarlett 2i2) is connected to the computer by usb. If I change connection to the akai, nothing happens.

BTW it's funny. When scarlett it's connected to the akai I have good volume and stereo from 1input in scarlett. When it's connected to the computer I need to put 1/2 input and push INST to receive normal volume and stereo.

Did I do something bad in my system?
By Koekepan Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:49 am
OK, wait a moment.

What does your computer have to do with any of this? I thought that this was a question about putting external effects on the Force?
By HouseWithoutMouse Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:24 pm
Don't know about the 2i2, but the big Scarletts have a control panel software which controls the interface's internal mixer. Could there be something like that on your computer and it adjusts something in the Scarlett, but because there's no such control application in the Force, you get different settings there?
By allreddv Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:05 am
If you are connected to Scarlet as an interface it will disable the internal hardware in/outs of the Force. So doesn't matter what you have plugged into the inputs, the Force won't receive it if using an external interface as the audio device for the Force.

There really isn't any benefit from a connection standpoint to using an audio interface unless it has more in/outs than the Force does itself since you will be losing those. Kind of annoying actually because you also lose mater volume control and headphone jacks. Wish they would have done the interface support better. Or I should say, I wish it actually had interface support since there are audio issues with a majority of the interfaces on the market.