Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By jason moore Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:59 am
I am using a huge 88 key multi-sampled grand piano that takes a large amount of storage and takes a long time to load. I am only using two octaves of the piano and would like to only load that range and delete unused portions of the instrument. The way I currently do this is by going into the project data and deleting, one by one all the samples other than the ones needed. This is really cumbersome. Does anyone know if a faster way of doing this, maybe by deleting a range of notes?
Thanks
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:07 am
Connect via computer mode and delete them in your computer?

Use less keygroups (e.g. every 3 notes etc).

Convert stereo samples to mono (batch it in your computer).

Use MPC Beats to re-make the instrument as required.

Optimise the piano by using sustain looping is another option. For example in our 8 layer multisampled acoustic pianos we managed to keep the file size for each instrument under 100mb this way, the 4-layer versions are only 50MB. https://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php ... expansion/
By HouseWithoutMouse Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:19 pm
If someone knows of a piece of software that can easily auto-loop sample programs created with Force or MPC, I'd be very interested in knowing about that. The auto-sampler's crossfade feature has turned out to be completely useless in practice, it seems to place the x-fade loop points at arbitrary locations which practically never sound good. IIRC, the Nord sample editor software that can be used for uploading new samples to e.g. Nord Electro, can automatically find very good sustain loops for samples, so it must be possible.
By T-Monk Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:02 am
If you really want to hack the size down, you can reduce the sample rate and bit depth of the samples. I’ve found that low piano notes, which sustain forever usually don’t have a lot of high end, so making them 16k or 22.05k sampling rate is doable without any perceived fidelity reduction.

I open the files on Audacity to see the frequency range, then double it to get the effective sample rate. I believe the Force and MPC can read any sample rate.

Another idea is to thin out the samples so that only every 4th or 5th note is an individual sample. Then create a new program using MPC Valet https://plule.github.io/mpc_valet/

I’ve gotten some pretty good 3 velocity later pianos in the 50mb range. Or look at MPC Samples’ pianos. Haven’t tried them, but they are optimized for the MPC (or Force) standalone.