Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Lampdog Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:43 pm
vwkountz wrote:.......because the hype is just Akai trying to sale a MPC Live with a keyboard and new plugins. :popcorn:

That's exactly what it is imo, Live + kybd + touch strip.
I like it, but it gives me nothing I don't already enjoy in MPC X.
By dnkygirl Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:14 pm
I don’t think these new plugins are going to be free. I think the free ride is over. Sure there’s tons of fixes that still need to be addressed with the force, but they need money. It’s been a long while since they have had profits from the sale of stuffs. It’s been a dry desert of hurry up and fix this shit. I don’t think the investment company that owns akai will allow all this free to continue much longer. This is why the pricing is super stupid for the mpc users sounds. Doesn’t help that every time they release something the mpc users get mad because it wasn’t included for free in their builds. Honestly the hardware needs an update. The problems with real-time effects are processor related. And I bet the hardware refreshes are going to be so high that it will turn off most die hard mpc users. I dont know how akai is surviving at this point. They raised the price of the force back to that ridiculous 1500 cost. It still needs a lot of work…. They did resolve some core issues, it is still buggy as ****. Every time I use it now I experience a crash or run into an issue that should not be. Also the standard midi implementation like for sysexe control that is documented in the manual is half assed as well as basic clocking has issues. I know how ruthless those investment companies can be.
By tomatoattack Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:18 am
I am always amazed at the late trend where people purchase something for what it is and then they expect new content for free perpetually and forever. When is enough and where is the limit?
I am more curious as to why people feel so entitled to get stuff for free? Especially after they received quite some content literally for free (synths and FX suite).

Money is important for a company to survive. People's money is important as well as someone reading this will laugh (you know who you are haha) - but to expect a company to provide you stuff for free is very irrational. I am not speaking about bug fixes that should obviously be free to some extent (during the product life cycle).

I am several weeks old Force user. So far I am having sessions with up to 16 tracks. Recording outboard gear, sequencing outboard gear, using a lot of FX plugins in Force. Never had a single glitch. A whole system is a music-making machine. Coming to this after using Cubase, Live, and others for the last 20 years.

Perhaps my Force will start to crash with time when I fill it with more content?, maybe not, but to say this thing is buggy is an extreme exaggeration. I've found some super small bugs such as Drum FX random pan not working but this is far from stopping me from making music.
By Koekepan Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:37 pm
I don't have tomato telepathy, but he mentioned audio as well as plugins, so maybe he's running different kinds of tracks including drumkits and MIDI channels?
By tomatoattack Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:10 am
voonta wrote:
tomatoattack wrote:So far I am having sessions with up to 16 tracks.

How?

Easy. I just add tracks. ?

If you ask me about plugin types (and their limits) I don't know how much I can run of these. I am not the person which will run 297 tracks in their DAW (I noticed this trend in youtube videos on Ableton Live and "teachers").

When I was working with hardware I usually run a max of three synths, one or two drum machines, and a fully expanded AKAI S6000 sampler. So my session was close to having 20-25 tracks (too much)

I am replicating the same workflow on the Force. Usually, I run 3-4 synth plugins and a lot of MIDI channels controlling my hardware, then a lot of Drums, and Keygroups. This weekend I had 29 tracks - fully busy I mean a lot of data. No freeze or anything.

Just a perfect music-making machine for now.

I barely scratched the surface. For example, I still didn't try out Arp or Macros.
By EnochLight Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:06 pm
tomatoattack wrote:I barely scratched the surface. For example, I still didn't try out Arp or Macros.

Jesus.. the arp is one of the first things I reach for when i'm playing with synths (internal or outboard gear). I loves me some synth arpeggios! :lol: You'll have to dive into macros - that's one of Force's most powerful gems.
By tomatoattack Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:03 am
EnochLight wrote:Jesus.. the arp is one of the first things I reach for when i'm playing with synths (internal or outboard gear). I loves me some synth arpeggios! :lol: You'll have to dive into macros - that's one of Force's most powerful gems.

Hehe thanks. I am going to do it eventually. I am slow, I mean I only have serious time for Force over the weekends. And sometimes I just wanna jam instead of learning new things - but I'll get there :P